Giro d'Italia 2012

Tankman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the breakaway do make it. Will Rodriguez pozzivo try to make up time??? 4.5kms to go

I must say this years cycling is the best iv seen in a long time!! A few years ago i couldnt sit around and watch the whole 5h races but now, im becoming a couch potato!! I must get off my butt and go cycle!! haha :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Edited by Dewald ZA

Tweets by Alberto Celani (Journalist) after the stage

Gasparotto:"Martinelli wanted us to do our best,Kreuziger won alone.He had a bad day in Cortina,he's a great athlete and a true champion"

Basso:"Plans can be messed up,Scarponi did it today on mine"

Basso:"I was expecting to ride better.Congratz Hesjedal"

Basso:"when I noticed I want able to keep Scarpa's attacks I saw better climbing my pace"

Purito:"Stelvio didn't forgive great champions like Indurain,so be careful"

Purito:"if Hesjedal keeps the leg,it's over,if u don't try u won't win"

Purito:"I caught Pozzo's wheel to climb more regular,Scarpa is a shock when attacks.Tomorrow will be harder"

Purito:"It will be difficult,now Hesjedal only can loose the #giro everyone have troubles today.I'm surprised by Hesjedal"

Vinokurov:"Giro ends in Milano.Hesjedal can win the race.I will do TdF and Dauphine"

Hesjedal:"I'm confortable on a TT bike,tomorrow harder than today.Nobody saves energies here"

Kreuziger:"I'm happy coz my girlfriend is here today”

Kreuziger:"I was here for the overall not to win a stage,I'm still sad for Cortina"

Savoldelli:"Today the teams were not a great help"

Bergonzi:"scarponi and purito great pride but less legs"

Pozzovivo:"high pace,natural selection,I was not feel great,the others were better than me"

Scarponi:"I started too early,I wanted to squeeze the overall,Purito rode amazingly,he's great

Edited by JimmyB

Inteesting race. Looks like it is Hesjedal's to lose, now. Tomorrow could still cause a major shake-up, but while he has not been dominant on the climbs, he has not looked weak either. He can afford to be defensive. I wonder if anybody bet on him for the win, and what the ods were before the start?

Cav stiil in red, but I think if Rodriguez gets 4th or better tomorrow, he will take it.

I really cannot see anyone apart from Hesjedal and Rodriguez winning this Giro, Scarponi did his best to match Hesjedal and failed.Basso does not seem to have it, he is not terrible but not at his best either.

Pozzovivo was dropped came back, looked reasonably strong but Rodriguez was able to finish stronger. I just do not seem him winning.

Uran is doing brilliantly to be up there in the climbs but he is the 6th of the big 6 but not a winning chance.

It would take both Hesjedal and Rodriguez to have a bad day tomorrow, and I really doubt it is going to happen to them both, to bring the next three back into the picture.

It might happen that Rodriguez gains a little bit of time tomorrow on Hesjedal but Hesjedal overtakes him in the final ITT.