An 'Affair' With Cycling...

'Dale

Guys, use psychology. Tell her that the fact that you love cycling is a reflection of your loving nature, which also manifests itself in your love for her. If you didn't love cycling, you probably wouldn't love her or anyone else for that matter......

umm... do any of you okes have blonde wives??

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are all SOOOwhiped.

My partner knows precisely how much I spend.

My sport is cycling and my hobbie is building up bikes from frames to complete bikes.

She even helps.

It's when you start lying to each other that **** starts.

You guys are all SOOOwhiped.

My partner knows precisely how much I spend.

My sport is cycling and my hobbie is building up bikes from frames to complete bikes.

She even helps.

It's when you start lying to each other that **** starts.

Not all of us have understanding/cooperative partners... :unsure:

And it's not lying, it's withholding information :rolleyes:

I live out in the sticks, so yesterday, when loading my bike on the car before heading to the bright lights of Rustenburg, my gf asks why are you loading your bike, so my reply was a vague "something is not rite, need to get it checked out" I did not mention that my fork was not rite, and I had ordered a new one :rolleyes:

(NB: not lying, withholding information)

So anyway, 4k later....no issues! :clap:

This is not only a boy problem. I also fib from time-to-time about my cycling spend.

Recently a friend told me about an ostrich handbag for R35 000 and I said: "and then people give me funny looks for spending that on a bike?!" She gave me a funny look :eek:

It's not that my partner is any more understanding than any other. It's just she would rather I have affair with the bike than another lady.

And my bike's is one my passions you stiffle my passion. You get a grumpy tedi

It. annoys the **** out of her but she keeps quiet and says yes dear thats nice dear

Or using your discretion.

:lol:

It must be bad to be in relationship that some of you describe. My missus knows about every sent I spend on myself. She does not sniff it out, I tell her. It's my money after all. When the house and everything else is payed, what do you need to hide?

This is not only a boy problem...

Definitely not!

BUT, I can't say I have a problem hiding cycle-spend, cos there isn't much... Problem for me is there's little way to hide the TIME I spend cycling... that's the issue in our house, even when I get out early so I get home early over weekends and there's the rest of the day to do stuff together. Doing long rides is always an issue... sigh.

GOGO i have the same problem as you.... not so much about the money stuff, but then between that and upgrading my 4x4, i try to hide as much as i can!

Definitely not!

BUT, I can't say I have a problem hiding cycle-spend, cos there isn't much... Problem for me is there's little way to hide the TIME I spend cycling... that's the issue in our house, even when I get out early so I get home early over weekends and there's the rest of the day to do stuff together. Doing long rides is always an issue... sigh.

there are 24 usable hours in a day. Why wait for the weekend to spend time together?

Edited by AndreZA

deceit, deception, infidelity, egotism, narcissism.... this all paints a bleak picture.

Yeah, it must suck being in most of these guys' relationships.

...Why wait for the weekend to spend time together?

Hey?? Who's waiting??

I know one of the 'issues' is my other half worries that I'll get crunched on the road. Now those stories, I don't tell them all...