2011 Scott Addict R2 vs 2011 Felt F4

Kallie.

Hi Fellow Hubbers,

I am looking at upgrading to a new bike and I am quite interested in the 2011 Scott Addict R2 and the 2011 Felt F4, reason being that I believe both bikes are good value for money, so I am looking for any advice / opinions from anyone on these bikes.

Both bikes are quite similar in specs. Both are kitted with full Ultegra 6700, the only differences that stand out to me are as follows:

1) Wheelsets: the Scott comes with Ksyrium Elites and the Felt comes with Ksyrium Equipe.

2) Frame: The Felt frame has the BB30 shell.

3) Weight: The Scott (7.19kg) is slightly lighter than the Felt (7.27kg).

4) Frame Warranty: The Scott has a 5 year warranty and the Felt has a lifetime warranty.

Links to both the bikes are below:

http://www.scott-sports.com/us_en/product/10049/55720/218088

http://2011.feltracing.com/South-Africa/2011/Road/F-Series/F4.aspx

Any advice / opinions will be appreciated.

Thanks

I currently ride the R2... AWESOME bike. very ligth and a real looker. Especialy with the zip404... You'll never go wrong with the SCOTT

Go for the Scott. Better wheels and decent Ritchey components instead of the "no name brand" Felt stuff they put on their bikes.

Felt road bikes is well specced for the price but i reckon Scott is more of a pedigree bike. I have never owned a Felt and im sure they are good bike but my vote goes for SCOTT

I also have a 2011 Addict R2 and I love it! It's a light and super responsive ride. I've never ridden a Felt and I'm sure they're decent bikes, but my (biased) vote goes to Scott...

Wellllllllllll...

Its up to you as they probably balance each other out.

Take customer service into account too.

I ride a felt f3 and im very happy! :)

I have a Felt Fc, between the F1 and F2... :clap: Great bike! will never want to switch bikes! We have the Felt DA TT bike :thumbup: and then my brother is riding his F3 for thew 3rd year now, has to replace it due to getting a new sponsor frame (Look). Best bike I have ever ridden!

Firstly, where are you getting a Scott R2 for R21k? Their retail is normally around R30k.

Secondly, there is not much between the two. Take the one that looks nicest to you. Don't let the lifetime warranty lure you into buying the Felt. There is always some or other condition or meaning to their definition of "lifetime" Read the small print first.

Firstly, where are you getting a Scott R2 for R21k? Their retail is normally around R30k.

Secondly, there is not much between the two. Take the one that looks nicest to you. Don't let the lifetime warranty lure you into buying the Felt. There is always some or other condition or meaning to their definition of "lifetime" Read the small print first.

I am not a big Felt fan as i have had 2 frames crack and i battled both times for more than 8 weeks with the rep.

Cajees have said they can do the Addict R2 for R21k because they are clearing out to make space for the 2012 range.

It is a damn good price :thumbup: and great value for money.