[Event] 24 Hours Of Oak Valley

Dirtopia MTB Events

that was an EYE opener... i am stiff! only got there at 4 and started riding 4:40... by 1am i was stukkend! i cant believe the okes managed 30 laps!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That must have been one of the best 24hr courses I have done .... that section of single track you enter after the sharp left hand switch back and where the trees "hug in on you" along the trail was just fipping brilliant and made the effort required to get there well worth it!

Well Done to the Dirtopia team for a good event

I lost a battery in a black Velcro pouch. PM me if you found it please. It was brilliant, the bigger guys like me struggled a bit on the first half but then that single track was awesome, particularly in the dark I enjoyed the ride through the trees. I will definitely be back next year.

We entered as a team! It was AWESOME!!

I clocked amazingly fast speeds through the single tracks....I loved it! Overall I loved the route and people is very friendly, gave way when they see you overtake them. Legs is quite stiff, managed +-35min lap times which was good throughout the race....

Will defenitely be back again, but with a more prepared team as some were asleep after the changeover...haha!

Anyone know where to find the results?

Don't bother - they will be wrong!

I'm sorry AMA, but those tags are horrible.

That was a nice fun course, less climbing in the end (185m per lap) which was fine by me.

That explains why your lap times were faster than mine. My Garmin indicated 220m per lap, every time. :blink:

Jis I loved it! Every painful moment.

Excellent course!

Excellent vibe!

Excellent fun.

Beat my goal with one lap, so really chuffed. And really broken.

I still haven't regained feeling in one of my fingers, my legs work kind of, but they don't really like going up stairs, and luckily the LBS will be busy on my MTB until next week, so the saddle sores should have enough time to recover.

I am already having singletrack withdrawal symptoms, and I have ravenous munchies. Feel like eating going to spur and eating both burgers on their 2for1 special.

The only big dissapointment for me, of the whole 24hr, was the bloody Spur van who, just after the finish of the race closed shop and when asked they replied saying "well you had a whole 24 hours to buy food" ..... needless to say I had a very colourfull reply formatting in my over tired brain, but managed to tone this down considerably before opening my mouth. The same can't be said for a lovely lady who looked very tired and hungry who was also looking for food.

That must have been one of the best 24hr courses I have done .... that section of single track you enter after the sharp left hand switch back and where the trees "hug in on you" along the trail was just fipping brilliant and made the effort required to get there well worth it!

Well Done to the Dirtopia team for a good event

on my 3rd lap i got a bit cocky through those trees and nipped one of the side walls and bought some serious real estate.. ego intact with no witnesses. you get really intimate with the course once you have done a few laps in the dark hey?

That explains why your lap times were faster than mine. My Garmin indicated 220m per lap, every time. :blink:

+1 on the 220m

wipe out ... was going nice and fast on the roller coaster type ST nearer to the end and too late I picked up in my peripheral vision a little rock section I thought I could launch off ... not knowing the trail yet ... I also saw a cameraman and thought I would be windgat ... all this happend too soon for me, and as I took off I knew it was a bad idea ... ended up in the side of the "mountain" between a couple of rocks ... good for a laugh though

Team Realclean Manne raced in the 140+ category and placed third in that cat. NOT THIRD OVERALL.

Just to make sure there is no missunderstanding onthe placingof the Team. Means the combinedage of the 4 riders in the Team had to be 140years plus.