Polar 800CX Battery replacemnet - Fastest/easiest way

white tiger

Hi

My Polar needs a new battery!

I'm doing the to Hell and Back race in three weeks time and would like to have it fixed

by then to use during the race.

What is the quickest/easiest way to replace the battery.

I know I can take it to the shop where I got it from to send it away, but I am worried that it will

not be done in time before the race.

Any advice??

Post it directly to polar. They are in half way house, JHB. Intelligent Health and Fitness Products, tel: 011 805 1028. It'll take them a day or so to sort it out, plus shipping either side, you're looking at about a week.

Post it directly to polar. They are in half way house, JHB. Intelligent Health and Fitness Products, tel: 011 805 1028. It'll take them a day or so to sort it out, plus shipping either side, you're looking at about a week.

And do not faff around, do it immediately. Remember to insure.

I thought the RS800 range can be done at home. Unscrew the battery cap with a coin and replace battery. I did it with mine after being given that advice by a shop??

I thought the RS800 range can be done at home. Unscrew the battery cap with a coin and replace battery. I did it with mine after being given that advice by a shop??

I think this may affect warranty. Be very carefull not to damage o-ring. Back up before replacing

Before you post it away, go into a Sportmans Warehouse with your unit and strap. They have in-shop diagnostic machines and can sometimes help you there and then.

Polar service is cracker, and they will sort it if you post it to counter . I've done it a few times and always good. Battery though is easy to do yourself. Takes 20 sec.

I think this may affect warranty. Be very carefull not to damage o-ring. Back up before replacing

Also have RS800cx .... bought a set of the funny shaped screw drivers at Game and since I have done mine at home. I unscrew the back and replacement takes a couple of minutes.

And do not faff around, do it immediately. Remember to insure.

DO NOT BE SIDE TRACKED! Concentrate!

Also have RS800cx .... bought a set of the funny shaped screw drivers at Game and since I have done mine at home. I unscrew the back and replacement takes a couple of minutes.

Replaced it myself a couple of times without any issues.

Hi

My Polar needs a new battery!

I'm doing the to Hell and Back race in three weeks time and would like to have it fixed

by then to use during the race.

What is the quickest/easiest way to replace the battery.

I know I can take it to the shop where I got it from to send it away, but I am worried that it will

not be done in time before the race.

Any advice??

Unscrew the back, take out the old, put the new one in?

I changed mine a few weeks ago at my desk with a R5 coin. No issues at all. Dunno why you have to send it in for a battery replacement. I actually even remember phoning the guys and they said, if you do it properly its fine, but there is a risk you lose your data.

I took the risk and it paid off.