Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Never tried the pills . Find it easier to just stop buying . After a while everybody notice that you not offering or buying and then they don't invite you for a smoke anymore !

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and the wife 21days now :clap: :clap: :clap: . So is the habit broken now? :ph34r: :ph34r:

I read somewhere that the habit is never really broken, it just gets a little easier to say no! Just like a heroin addict you have to realise that you will always be an addict but its up to you to stay clean and smoke free! Well done!

There is a loophole......you can go for the test after 3 days as you will test clean. You will also begin paying the lower premiums from the next month. With Liberty, Old Mutual and Sanlam you do not have to inform the insurer if you start smoking again. With Discovery and Momentum you have to inform them and switch to the higher premiums again. Should you not inform them of your smoking status the will only pay out the amount of cover you would have received if you were a smoker for similar premium.

The official times between the companies vary from 6 months to 1 year, the cotinine test is however the only thing they can go on.

3 days? I thought it took three months. How about secondary smoke? If you have been in the vacinity of a smoker can it influence the test?

It's been 9 hours since my last smoke...... I can't wait until I get home crack my first cold one and light up a cigi.......

3 days? I thought it took three months. How about secondary smoke? If you have been in the vacinity of a smoker can it influence the test?

Nope, 100% sure that you are clean after 3 days. You have to be hot boxed quit severely before it picks up. Actually 3 days with a urine test, might be quicker with the blood test that they are doing.

Its been 18 days now since my last ciggie, must say I've picked up a few kg's in the process, not been able to train or ride . My chest is still not that great though :(

Still trying to work out where the money "saved" has gone too :huh:

Its been 18 days now since my last ciggie, must say I've picked up a few kg's in the process, not been able to train or ride . My chest is still not that great though :(

aaaah, the old 'Where has the smoke money gone?' question! One never knows but its there somewhere!

aaaah, the old 'Where has the smoke money gone?' question! One never knows but its there somewhere!

It is a strange one.

I've even had a few beers and no cravings either, stopped taking the Champix after two weeks, did not even get onto the maintanence course.

Well done dude!! I just started the 1mg tablets and I get moer of a naar after a smoke. I also think I'll quit before I finish the course because of that.

Well done dude!! I just started the 1mg tablets and I get moer of a naar after a smoke. I also think I'll quit before I finish the course because of that.

Everytime you go into the shop at the garage you buy a Tinkie instead of smokes :whistling: hence the extra kg's

Edited by Cavendish