Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Hey all the quitters how are you all doing??

Doing good, 6 weeks this Sat, although this morning I really, really felt like a smoke :wacko: Powered through with a pack of Mentos, lol.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing good, 6 weeks this Sat, although this morning I really, really felt like a smoke :wacko: Powered through with a pack of Mentos, lol.

Good going. Mentos are the Berry's. Is it just the 2 of us left?

Has all others started smoking again? Karma, Pieter Dirt-Rider????

Awesome, Caerus.

One minute at a time.

Interesting Mentos strategy.

:thumbup:

Well done guys!! Im on day 16 I think. Its still tough but getting better. My lungs are hurting less. Keep up the good work!!

In the spirit of quitting and how well some of you chaps are doing, I've decided to quit chowing a chocolate a day like I have been for the past 20 odd years. My old man has diabetes and although I get checked annually and I'm fine, I do have a serious sugar fetish. My last chocolate was lunchtime yesterday. It's been 24 hours.... Game on!

Me too - sweet tooth.

You're going cold turkey style though. Eish!

Was at a pub in Magalies the other night (first time in this place for about two and a half years), everyone except for 2 of us were smokers, there is no ventialltion in there and with it being winter the doors and windows were all shut. I walked out of that place after a few hours stinking like an ashtray, cant believe thats how we used to smell! Had a heavy chest for 2 days after my night out, red and tired eyes and my jacket and beanie from that evening (along with everything else!) went straight into the wash. Had to spray the car with Dash to remove that smokey smell as well! A heavy price to pay just for a couple of beers and some conversation with a friend I havent hung out with for a while! Will go elsewhere next time (although places to go in Magalies for a beer and some pool are limited!).

Was at a pub in Magalies the other night (first time in this place for about two and a half years), everyone except for 2 of us were smokers, there is no ventialltion in there and with it being winter the doors and windows were all shut. I walked out of that place after a few hours stinking like an ashtray, cant believe thats how we used to smell! Had a heavy chest for 2 days after my night out, red and tired eyes and my jacket and beanie from that evening (along with everything else!) went straight into the wash. Had to spray the car with Dash to remove that smokey smell as well! A heavy price to pay just for a couple of beers and some conversation with a friend I havent hung out with for a while! Will go elsewhere next time (although places to go in Magalies for a beer and some pool are limited!).

I had the same last night, everyone was smoking in the Pub, I could barley breath last night when I got home and my chest has been tight since then, smelt a smoker this morning and almost made me vomit.

Been 2months now...no issues, or close calls, just enjoying my independancy and freedom

Ex smoker for 5 and a half years now. Went cold turkey and never looked back. Smoked fags and spliffs a plenty. Cut the spliffs out about 6 years ago, just was'nt conducive to daily (lung) function anymore. The fags went when the missus was preggers. Loved the fags. One of favourite quotes from Keith Richards when asked why he smoked so much. His answer - ' Coz they dont make 'em long enough'

I dont mind being around smokers at all really, the only thing I cant stand is that smell on someone who has just stubbed one out and I think "Holy crappers, did I smell like that?" I dont do packed bars anymore. Things change when you move onto a plot inthe sticks and have kids..

Day 2 not smoking. Man my chest is sore. Upside my wife says that I have a healthy colour to my skin I havnt noticed anything. Determined this time is the last. Been getting emails from sergeant butt kick from ebuttkick they have been very motivating. To all the quiters best of luck.

Hey Guys,

Stopped 8 months ago, re-started 3 weeks ago, don't know why, need to get motivation again to stop.

Regards,

:cursing:

Hey Guys,

Stopped 8 months ago, re-started 3 weeks ago, don't know why, need to get motivation again to stop.

Regards,

:cursing:

Just try again when you are ready, most have us will have stopped and started along the way...