Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Go have a smoke and calm down, it's not about me but every other anti-smoker who hates their clothes stinking when they get home.

Come with a better argument.

I agree with you, I no longer go out in town as the local bars allow smoking and you end up feeling like crap the next day!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you, I no longer go out in town as the local bars allow smoking and you end up feeling like crap the next day!

At my age, Going out on the town is going to buy bread and milk.... We entertain at home rather. You get more for your money in every way!

Stopped smoking 3 weeks ago after 12 years.

Havent been cycling due to the fasting month.

Can't wait to get back on a bike and feel the difference.

You will feel a massive difference. No more shortness of breath, or burning lungs.

Yeah, but give it time - wont ride like Mr Stander immediately....or ever??

I'm ALL for that!!! I have STOPPED today...why wait till the 25th?? Was going to start a new Thread in 3 days time anyway to give some progress. Someone told me that it takes 72hrs (3days) for the nicotine to leave yr body. This means you actually only stop smoking for the first 3 days. Three days is not that bad. After that it is your hands that is bored – not your body asking for nicotine. Thanks MADS.
+-72 hours to break the addiction then 3 odd weeks for the habit....drink heaps of water especially when you have a crave....& good luck. Once a mental decision and not an emotional one is made to stop its actually quite easy!!

• 2 weeks later...

How you guys doing?! Today is three months for me!

Well done Pieter!

I have never smoked but all my friends that are trying to quit are suffering!!

Well done Pieter!

I have never smoked but all my friends that are trying to quit are suffering!!

Thanks! I still battle some times but the taste and smell puts me off 100%. Can feel the difference when riding now aswell and its great.

If Wiggo can smoke and cycle, so can I :clap: Still not managed to kick the habit again :cursing: It's time will come soon enough though.

Dude that is a rad avatar! Did you see the one they put up yesterday?

If Wiggo can smoke and cycle, so can I :clap: Still not managed to kick the habit again :cursing: It's time will come soon enough though.

I saw the thread pop up and without even opening it I was certain you would drag it in here.

No it was also from a sunset session. Gopro photo of the day is where I saw it.

Ok fully, just havin a look now. This pic is sick as well :drool: