Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

nothing of the sort. my wife and I both struggle a bit sleeping, but other than that, its just good.

Dr warned however it has side effects depending on the person.

Whats the cost of a course?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starter pack +-R300 and maintenance also +-300 but your Medical aid pays it in full

Thanks for the info :thumbup: I will also have to give it a try. Although I only smoke about 4-6 a day. I need to pack it up again, hate the fact I fell off the wagon. Stupid Stress

Caerus I read this whole thread (yes ALL 25 pages!) and 2 years ago on this very thread you were able to quit for more than just a few months dude! You know you can do this already! You just need to keep it up and not get sucked back into the habit! Come on man! As you said to Covie. Just do eeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!! We'll keep tabs on you here.

Starter pack +-R300 and maintenance also +-300 but your Medical aid pays it in full

Dischem charged me R545 for the Starter Pack (not a Cell C one) and the 2nd months supply. But yes, Discovery paid in full.

Ive tried Cold Turkey, Allen Carr, Nicorette etc.... this is the solution, I'm sure of it.

Caerus I read this whole thread (yes ALL 25 pages!) and 2 years ago on this very thread you were able to quit for more than just a few months dude! You know you can do this already! You just need to keep it up and not get sucked back into the habit! Come on man! As you said to Covie. Just do eeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!! We'll keep tabs on you here.

This I know, and I kick myself for starting again. Like I mentioned an extremely stressful situation and I just cracked. The last time around, the first few weeks were hell on earth, may just need to have a bit of extra help. I'm determined to knock this habit on the head.

Dischem charged me R545 for the Starter Pack (not a Cell C one) and the 2nd months supply. But yes, Discovery paid in full.

Ive tried Cold Turkey, Allen Carr, Nicorette etc.... this is the solution, I'm sure of it.

That's not right thats almost the cost of the starter pack and maintenance course

Guys, Champix is the answer. Currently on day 9, dropped from 30 a day to 4 without hassles.

By next week I'll be a non smoker.

I sincerely hope you do make it but most people I know who have tried various pills, courses etc are back on the smokes.

The only failsafe way to quit is to really want to quit and then realise that only you can control the habit.

Granted there are days when I fancy a smoke but you just have to keep telling yourself you have made it this far so why falter now?

5 minutes later that craving is gone! I also suggest going to your local hospital and seeing someone die from lung cancer, it makes you think twice...

Edited by Mojoman

Like mentioned before in this thread i also used the book by Alan Carr (Easy way to stop Smoking). I was desperate to stop as my son had just been born and got a huge fright picking him up and was kinda out of breath. So i bought the book thinking how could it ever work, he mentions in the begining of the book that you don't have to stop smoking when you start reading the book so i didn't... well 3 days later on the on 11 September 2011 the book had me so excited to stop and made me realise it can be easy if you adjust your mindset and i never looked back.

I am now able to live a healthy lifestyle and since even bought a carrier/stroller that latches on the back of my bike and my son and I ride up and down the beach front in Pe most days as i have alot more time on my hands now

I sincerely hope you do make it but most people I know who have tried various pills, courses etc are back on the smokes.

The only failsafe way to quit is to really want to quit and then realise that only you can control the habit.

Granted there are days when I fancy a smoke but you just have to keep telling yourself you have made it this far so why falter now?

5 minutes later that craving is gone! I also suggest going to your local hospital and seeing someone die from lung cancer, it makes you think twice...

I'm watching my mother at the moment with emphysema and it aint pretty, which is even more reason why I want to quit sooner rather then later.

Make me :whistling:

Ok. I'll make you stop if you can help make me stop.

If I succeed for 1 month, you will stop too. If I fail, you can start puffing again at will. Deal?

Ok. I'll make you stop if you can help make me stop.

If I succeed for 1 month, you will stop too. If I fail, you can start puffing again at will. Deal?

Ill have to take that up under advisement from Dr Johnny Walker

Hi, my name is Pieter. I quit for almost 8 months, went camping with mates and being the only non smoker I craked and started again. Im going on almost two boxes a day now. Friday I get a new car and I quit smoking. I bought the nicorettes and all now just getting into the mindset.