SANI2C

Funrider-CPT

mmm maybe i need to step it up a bit. @riverrat i dont think we need to be doing back to back 80's every week, but definitely at least once or twice a month.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys, some good advice in here, looking forward to my first sani..

on the bike side of things..is full suspension really necessary or will i manage fine on my 29er hardtail..?

what are your bike recomendations ?

Nope not at all. With the previous 2 I weighed about 90kg's and did them on a 26"HT. As mentioned by others the single track is well manicured.

I train a hour a week and from next month will stop training to rest for the race . Relax , take it easy and enjoy the ride , moderate fitness is all that you require . It is one of the easiest 3 day stage races and also the most enjoyable one . Don't stress it to much cause then you will miss all the fun , don't forget to take cash for the pubs .

I train a hour a week and from next month will stop training to rest for the race . Relax , take it easy and enjoy the ride , moderate fitness is all that you require . It is one of the easiest 3 day stage races and also the most enjoyable one . Don't stress it to much cause then you will miss all the fun , don't forget to take cash for the pubs .

lol - if only it were that easy

Nope not at all. With the previous 2 I weighed about 90kg's and did them on a 26"HT. As mentioned by others the single track is well manicured.

ok..so my 75kg 40yr old back should be fine then on the HT.... was looking for an excuse to buy a stumpy

We're pretty much doing the same. Currently fitting in about 4 hours during the week on the spinning bike and then a long ride of about 5 hours on a Saturday morning. We need to start stepping it up a bit though.

Great to hear that I'm sort of on track. I plan to get to about 10- 12 hours, I see you're based in Pretoria where do you guys do your long rides?

My training has come to a complete halt.

My knee decided that it has had enough and now i have to stay off of the bike until i recover.

Great to hear that I'm sort of on track. I plan to get to about 10- 12 hours, I see you're based in Pretoria where do you guys do your long rides?

We do our long rides on the railway service road that runs from the Boschkop/Silver Lakes area to Bronkhorstspruit. Do a search, there is a 145km hub ride planned on the same road for this Saturday. We won't be joining though, 145km is a bit much... We're doing 90kms on Saturday.

It's flat but it's a nice way to get some kms in the legs.

ok..so my 75kg 40yr old back should be fine then on the HT.... was looking for an excuse to buy a stumpy

Yup. Your 40yo back wiff 75kg's should be in about the same condition as my 34yo back wiff 90kg's under the bonnet. :D

That being said... Buy the bike. BUY IT! ...before logic and reason kicks in...

Yup. Your 40yo back wiff 75kg's should be in about the same condition as my 34yo back wiff 90kg's under the bonnet. :D

That being said... Buy the bike. BUY IT! ...before logic and reason kicks in...

I bought a Full Dynamix with great spec hardtail and rode it this week for the first time. My back was hurting as soon as the ride got long or technical. I am definitely going back to my Trek full sus. (btw I am 40 and 73 kgs). Awesome bike but the Full Dynamix is officially for sale for someone with a stronger back.

I bought a Full Dynamix with great spec hardtail and rode it this week for the first time. My back was hurting as soon as the ride got long or technical. I am definitely going back to my Trek full sus. (btw I am 40 and 73 kgs). Awesome bike but the Full Dynamix is officially for sale for someone with a stronger back.

Nice bike. Might be worth your while going for a professional set-up... Suppose that it is easier going from a HT to full-susser than it is doing it in reverse... Reckon my HT is going to be an overpriced paper weight in months to come.

Approx 12 weeks to go...

How many hours per week do you okes train? Need to overload those legs...but not burn out completely... :unsure: tough balance to get sometimes!

My training has come to a complete halt.

My knee decided that it has had enough and now i have to stay off of the bike until i recover.

I know the feeling. Stepped up the training by doing some cross-training and indoor trainer on my road bike and my ITB has kindly flared up so I've had to back off completely. Think it could be related to my road bike setup or maybe overdid the other exercises and made my hamstrings tight, who knows. Sticking to my mtb from now on as I know I can ride it for up to 7 hours with no hassles.

Really starting to feel the stress about lack of training now that its getting closer. I just want to be able to finish each stage, don't care about time.

Edited by Ratty

My 78kg 46 year old back has hadno problems ona 26" HT! HTFU as they say! ;-)