Cough up kids...Government set to milk us some more...

Mojoman

I can't believe how they can get away with blowing over 400 million!

Bloemfontein -

Taxpayers will have to pay more than R400m for the ANC's centenary celebrations in Bloemfontein.

This is on top of the R100m which the ANC had already budgeted for next year's big party.

This amount is however petty cash compared to the money that will be spent to ready infrastructure in the Free State to host the party.

- Taxpayers have already paid R150m for the Philip Sanders resort just outside the city. The resort will be the headquarters of the festivities;

- A further R35m has been budgeted to restore the Methodist church in Waaihoek, where the ANC was founded in 1912;

- R200m has been allocated to renovate the Seisa Ramabodu Stadium in Mangaung;

- The official house of Free State Premier Ace Magashule will get an upgrade costing R15m;

- Millions will also be spent to restore the historic Mapikela home, and the Winnie Mandela home in Brandfort.

You're just upset because you weren't invited!

Seriously though, it's a disgrace, there are far better ways to spend the money.

And yet we just keep on paying... I think we should have a bit of a strike ourselves :angry: If you cant beat them , Join them

It seems like only SA has cash to blow,maybe they should lend some to Greece and Italy.

How long can this spending still go on?

I heard that Johannesurg Municipality is broke but they can waste on crap like this.

You're just upset because you weren't invited!

Seriously though, it's a disgrace, there are far better ways to spend the money.

Who can remember the "Republiekfees" festivities of many years ago, Showpiece of the Defence Force and many other frivolities of no concequencial nature. Did we complain as well then?

Who can remember the "Republiekfees" festivities of many years ago, Showpiece of the Defence Force and many other frivolities of no concequencial nature. Did we complain as well then?

What state was the country in? Who paid for it? Who attended it? Hmmm you know I don't see a reason to complain

And yet we just keep on paying... I think we should have a bit of a strike ourselves :angry: If you cant beat them , Join them

I am all with you on this...while I understand it is a historical time for the ANC could they rather not rape the coffers of an already weakened country?

Where are all the private 'benefactors' that keep pumping money into Julius's 'family trust'?

Let them pay for it...

And yes, I am miff I did not crack an invite!

Dankie Ecc1! Almal 'n klomp rassiste wat kla...

Die cANCer verdein hierdie partytjie uit en uit met alles wat hulle vir die land gedoen het, veral na 94.

Ek wonder of AL die "republiekfees vieringe" in AL die jare voor 94 se kostes ooit 'n 10de van die koste is vir hierdie partytjie.

It seems like only SA has cash to blow,maybe they should lend some to Greece and Italy.

How long can this spending still go on?

I heard that Johannesurg Municipality is broke but they can waste on crap like this.

Ja, lets rather help our brothers in Europe! Bail them out!!

Not sure who gets these lovely contracts..... R 15 mil to renovate a house?, R 35mil to renovate a small church?.....I have been an architect for close to 20 years and I am getting a serious whiff of inflated tenders here!

Dankie Ecc1! Almal 'n klomp rassiste wat kla...

Die cANCer verdein hierdie partytjie uit en uit met alles wat hulle vir die land gedoen het, veral na 94.

Ek wonder of AL die "republiekfees vieringe" in AL die jare voor 94 se kostes ooit 'n 10de van die koste is vir hierdie partytjie.

A lot of munny, a troep received 52,5 cents per day and I saw millions of them in Eeufees-weg in 1966

Just another way of "legally" screwing the country and taxpayer out of millions. I would love to see the names and beneficiaries of those awarded upgrade tenders as well as the ad-hoc cash deposits into the accounts of their ANC cronies. This kind of thing drives me .... insane :cursing: :cursing: