Cricket......

E1A104

Can't see 350.I hope not but I expect them to roll us over quite quickly this morning.Then we will see how well we can bowl.Apparently there is rain expected through the day

You are probably right, but when it comes to cricket I am an eternal optimist.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That ball was doing some crazy things in the frist session.

Kallis was unlucky and i think that changed things.

The ball Smith went out on should have been left, but that must have swung half a meter.

AB was too aggresive and gave his wicket away.

Amla played a sloppy shot (the gap between bat and pad was the size of the grand canyon),

it was a good ball though.

I think batting first strategically was the right decision,

the cloud cover wasnt expected and created a bit of chaos.

Think England will have a tough time in their 2nd innings on this ground.

I wanna see what England will do later on this morning when they are 50 / 4 with their noobs middle order and long tail yet to bat....... Par score on this wicket is 280 if you ask me. We did well. And remember, England has to make the play and chase the game.

Our top order is as about consistent as......(words fail me)

Lets rather put it this way..... Our top order is about as reliable as Pierre Spies on the defense........... or a second hand Land Rover / Jeep .......

Lets rather put it this way..... Our top order is about as reliable as Pierre Spies on the defense........... or a second hand Land Rover / Jeep .......

Easy tiger. Biff, Hash and Jakes about as reliable as it gets. Plus Alviro not too shabby either. Certainly not the first time in a cricket match a side been 50/4 and won't be the last.

Easy tiger. Biff, Hash and Jakes about as reliable as it gets. Plus Alviro not too shabby either. Certainly not the first time in a cricket match a side been 50/4 and won't be the last.

Jaja I guess you are right although Alviro got one big score between a load of low scores so its not fair to call him reliable.

And Kallis has had some sort of a midlife crysis for the past 3 years since being critisized for "batting too slow". Now he bats quick but definately is not the rock he used to be.....

Wonder what his 2011 average was compared to say 2008???

If I was to put my money on someone to bat for my life it has to be Hashim. THe only batsmen that was bowled out and didnt give it away. That man is soooo patient it is unbelievable.

But for the record, Peer Spies kan nogsteeds nie `n *** tekkel nie.........

Damn I am good!!!!!

Exactly like I said. Due to Kallis "transforming" his batting you see exactly what you would expect. He achieved very high scores in the last two seasons due to him not getting tired at 100 as per usual cause he is not taking forever to get there anymore.

This cost of this however is that he also scores a lot less frequently and is therefore not as reliable as he iused to be.

Maybe we can blame it on money? IPL = millions of $'s.... who wouldnt want that??

The Garf Strikes again.

Sir Garfield Sobers

http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerBatGraph.asp?PlayerID=2043

Jaja I guess you are right although Alviro got one big score between a load of low scores so its not fair to call him reliable.

And Kallis has had some sort of a midlife crysis for the past 3 years since being critisized for "batting too slow". Now he bats quick but definately is not the rock he used to be.....

Wonder what his 2011 average was compared to say 2008???

If I was to put my money on someone to bat for my life it has to be Hashim. THe only batsmen that was bowled out and didnt give it away. That man is soooo patient it is unbelievable.

But for the record, Peer Spies kan nogsteeds nie `n *** tekkel nie.........

For interest here is Kallis performances over the last couple of years

Year Runs Average

2008 665 51.66

2009 532 48.36

2010 1198 79.86

2011 359 51.28

2012 574 82.00

He is not shaping too badly over the last two years, however we have played less tests

Edit: html editor messes up the formatting

Edited by MichaelD

Pretty awesome website this!!

http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerID=2043

It basically shows that the as Kallis's strike rate increases his consistency decreases.

Its like economics.... higher risk higher rewards!

Usually you always knew he was good for a 100 every 2nd game..........

Now he is good for a double ton, but only every 5th game!!!

I think I have made my point.

For interest here is Kallis performances over the last couple of years Year Runs Average 2008 665 51.66 2009 532 48.36 2010 1198 79.86 2011 359 51.28 2012 574 82.00 He is not shaping too badly over the last two years, however we have played less tests

I think the two double tons are pulling the average up. He has however also scored the most ducks in his carreer in the last 2 years!

Our top order is as about consistent as......(words fail me)

South African athletes performances when odds on to win gold? Caster. Or a medal? Burry

First Anderson over to Dale at his chin and throat. Good luck with that bru.

They are working Steyn over.God help their tail enders