Cricket......

E1A104

Pretty average day for SA. Spinners were poor, they released pressure built by the pacers. But if we knock them over tomorrow, we can still be in a strong position. Lets see how we do on this pitch when we bat

Edited by Christie

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty average day for SA. Spinners were poor, they released pressure built by the pacers. But if we knock them over tomorrow, we can still be in a strong position. Lets see how we do on this pitch when we bat

Not much in this pitch hey. A wee bit lateral movement.

Good application by the Indian batsmen, especially the stroke playing Kohli.

Quick wickets tomorrow in the 1st hour will be great before the runs pile.

350 plus can great big pressure on the hosts.

India looking in the better position - if they bat out another session or two it will be difficult for us to win this one .....

SA looked out of ideas when they didn't get the early break through and the spinner provided no backup

the mustn't swop out Tahir soo quickly each time. Yes, he will get stick if the ball doesn't grip or if he bowls plain crap. However, he needs to toil more, get stuck in figuring out the batsmen and applying different strategies. Sometimes i think he needs to HTFU instead of crawling into a shell. If the pitch stays dry, its going to aid him once it starts breaking up a bit more.

LOVING how Morkel is bowling at the moment. They need to keep him focussed on bowling an aggressive line. The second he goes negative, he gets dispatched. there's only so much hooking, pulling, ducking and diving a batsmen can do before fatigue takes control over hand eye coordination. Just takes a nick..

Not much in this pitch hey. A wee bit lateral movement.

Good application by the Indian batsmen, especially the stroke playing Kohli.

Quick wickets tomorrow in the 1st hour will be great before the runs pile.

350 plus can great big pressure on the hosts.

We had good rains overnight - will juice up the pitch hopefully.

We had good rains overnight - will juice up the pitch hopefully.

Lets hope so - yesterday was a bit of a drol to watch ... 2.8 run an over with only 5 wickets ....

India hold all the cards,360 plus will put us under big pressure batting last. Looking forward to a riveting day

India hold all the cards,360 plus will put us under big pressure batting last. Looking forward to a riveting day

Lets hope for a few quick ones then! Under 300 will make me happy

Philander strikes again

Philander to I Sharma, OUT, another beauty from Philander, hitting the top of off, that was far too good for a tailender, just back of a length, pushing Ishant back in the crease, leaves Ishant a touch and beats his defence to crash into off, 99 Test wickets for him now

India 278/9 (102.3 ov)

This morning India would have thought 450 runs by tea time. Then the 6th wicket fell, and then 16 runs later they were all out. The Vern showing his class and Morras bowled better than what his figures suggests.

Lets see who India opens with. I expect Zaheer to be in action fairly soon with the movement the SA bowlers were getting this morning.