• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, 'Dale said:

What an athlete

39A6CE95-6F4D-4A10-97CE-3EBD5D72B7F0.jpeg

Heard on the radio that his test bowling average is now the best for all times. Can't find it this morning in my newsfeed though. Radio commentator remarked how sad it was that SA plays so few tests lately because it limits his numbers much more than the other stars he just overtook.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 2:30 PM, Shebeen said:

https://www.news24.com/sport/cricket/proteas/six-ipl-franchises-confirmed-as-new-cricket-sa-t20-league-team-owners-20220720

I wonder what the price was. While it feels like we have been colonised here, this does at least get us some medium term stability and power for a t20 league to work.

Also, hats off to Graeme Smith for taking on this job and making it work. Would have been very easy to walk away from CSA or take then on legally, but he chose to build bridges rather. Legend.

Much better than Russel Adams… This is what happens if you employ the right person for the job. Biff is a beast 🤘

Edited by gemmerbal

• 2 weeks later...

wow, well that went south since Lords

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/mark-bouchers-exit-after-eventful-tenure-leaves-big-hole-in-coaching-staff-1334599

good luck to whoever takes over here. not many of the candidates seem to have the credentials, maybe Ashwell Prince

Probably time to think out the box, separate coaches for test/white ball, get a bowling and batting coach and make them dual coaches.

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2022 at 9:17 AM, Bloumens said:

Anyone following the CSA T20 Challange?

Dewald Brevis scored 162 of 56 balls 🤯

How is this guy not at the world cup?

he is still just 19, Stubbs is in as a green youngster too, but he is 22. FYI  he followed up his 162 with a 9 against the same bowling attack.

more importantly, we are knocking Pakistan over so far, then there's Nederlands. No matter what happens  how can they still justify Temba in the team if we get to the semis. Klassen is in for Miller today, what happens if he comes off?

image.png.f409f6e2d3c1430c2186ebf67acd8961.png

Edited by Shebeen

Our bowlers lost the plot after 5 wickets in the hut!!

This is going to take some serious effort to recover, although not impossible 

20 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

how the HELL did they get to 180?!

we less an early wicket, CRAP!

it's not Bavuma, DOUBLE CRAP!

i think i need to apologize to Temba.

35* (17) currently

• 1 year later...

looks like 0/5 semi finals currently.

unless a real late twist, things just not going our way at all.

not taking the half chances, brilliant lbw was not out umpires call.....

• 3 weeks later...

Mitchell Johnson:  

“It’s been five years and David Warner has still never really owned the ball-tampering scandal."

“… his past three years have been ordinary, with a batting average closer to what a tailender would be happy with."

"Now the way he is going out is underpinned by more of the same arrogance and disrespect."

“And why a player at the centre of one of the biggest scandals… warrants a hero’s send-off?"

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cricket/david-warner-mitchell-johnson-australia-pakistan-b2457912.html

Edited by justinafrika

• 2 months later...

SA has made the final in the inaugural over 40’s Masters Cricket World cup by beating England today at Green Point CC. England had a strong side with former England batsman Nick Compton and former county cricket stalwart Darren Stevens in their team. We will face an in-form Kiwi side on Friday, to be played at the WPCC oval. The Kiwis are unbeaten in the competition with former NZ international James Marshall scoring another ton today to beat the Aussies en route to the final. James is the twin brother of Hamish Marshall, who also played for NZ. 

Come on boys! 

16 hours ago, gemmerbal said:

SA has made the final in the inaugural over 40’s Masters Cricket World cup by beating England today at Green Point CC. England had a strong side with former England batsman Nick Compton and former county cricket stalwart Darren Stevens in their team. We will face an in-form Kiwi side on Friday, to be played at the WPCC oval. The Kiwis are unbeaten in the competition with former NZ international James Marshall scoring another ton today to beat the Aussies en route to the final. James is the twin brother of Hamish Marshall, who also played for NZ. 

Come on boys! 

Are you playing or involved, mate?  Are you still playing?  I’d make an effort to catch Friday’s match but I can’t afford to travel to watch cricket any longer, as I once frequently did.

12 hours ago, justinafrika said:

Are you playing or involved, mate?  Are you still playing?  I’d make an effort to catch Friday’s match but I can’t afford to travel to watch cricket any longer, as I once frequently did.

One of my school friends is in the side, Jaco Castle, so I am following with interest. My knees have started itching because the thought of returning to cricket has found its way into my head. Im 45 and havent played for a good few years but with the advent of masters cricket Im giving it some thought… 

Im going to try to make it to the ground on Friday, if my workload permits.

Edited by gemmerbal