Cricket......

E1A104

Is it just me or did Sharma's run out look like a no ball?

Didn't see it, but if its a run out it doesn't matter if it was a no ball...

Still legally out

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see the Aussies and Poms wearing black arm bands for Madiba

They also had a moment of silence at the start of the day's play.

Wow

Great show by Aus. 570/9d

21 overs for England to survive tonight. If Aus can get 1 o 2 before close a follow on may be a reality.

Great show by Aus. 570/9d

21 overs for England to survive tonight. If Aus can get 1 o 2 before close a follow on may be a reality.

The Aussies are breathing fire.

How did Johnson's cannonball demolish Cooke's defense!

So no comments on how SA destroyed India last night? No 1 team in the world bowled out in 41 overs.

SA Boykies, you beauties!!!! :clap: :clap:

It felt good watching the cricket yesterday....... BCCI have been taught a lesson

Welcome back to earth India. Expect an even bigger humiliation on Sunday as there will be plenty of emotion at the stadium.

Didn't see it, but if its a run out it doesn't matter if it was a no ball...

Still legally out

Sure, but if it was called would they have attempted a run?

Sure, but if it was called would they have attempted a run?

Doesn't really matter in anycase. Rohit could/should have been out 25 times before then as well. If he was a better batsmen he would have nicked Dale earlier.

Kohli should also have been out for 0.

India lucky to even get past 50 runs in my opinion.

The Aussies are breathing fire.

How did Johnson's cannonball demolish Cooke's defense!

Johnson's trail of destruction: six wickets for 16 runs in 26 balls

• 50.1 (144.1kph) Ben Stokes, on his Test debut, might never have seen pace like this. While he was guilty of playing slightly across a full straight ball, the real issue was Johnson's searing pace. It was the first lbw dismissal of the series and was only made by the TV umpire after Australia appealed the original not out decision.
  • 50.5 (143.4kph) Matt Prior, devoid of confidence and having just received two fierce bouncers, felt for one tentatively outside off stump and was caught behind.
  • 50.6 (148.4kph) At first it appeared Stuart Broad had remarkably good eyesight. He held up play for around five minutes before facing his first - and as it transpired, only - delivery after complaining that some screws in the side of the sightscreen were shining in an off-putting way. When Johnson finally did get the chance to bowl to him, the fall delivery knocked back Broad's leg stump as the batsman moved far too far across to the off side. Perhaps that eyesight isn't so good, after all?
  • 54.5 (147.3kph) Graeme Swann, perhaps reasoning that his best method of defence was counter-attack, threw his bat at a full ball well outside off stump and edged to the slips.
  • 54.6 (150.4kph) James Anderson's tentative forward prod left a gap so large between bat and pad that Johnson could have parked his car in it. Anderson's middle stump was sent cartwheeling. Johnson's glare as Anderson walked off brought back memories of the Perth Test in 2010 when Anderson, having exchanged words with Johnson, bowled Ryan Harris and glared at Johnson.
  • 68.2 (143.8kph) It took just two balls of a new spell for Johnson to end England's stubborn last-wicket stand of 37. Again, Monty Panesar was simply beaten for pace as his timid prod resulted in a thin inside edge into his off stump.

He ended on 7/40 in 18 overs.

Hahahaha!

Jonathan wants to get something off his chest:

"I had a funny feeling that when the rather pompous and over the top food requests put out by the English team was made public, they were doomed on this tour. The impression I had was that this tour was in the bag by simply turning up. A v sad indictment of England teams in other sports as well. They get on a relatively small roll of good results and then sit back and wait for the successes. It stands them apart from the Aussie cricket team and NZ All Blacks, who when are on top, aim to stay on top for as long as possible. Not with pathetic menus and strutting around like peacocks, but with hard grafting and less media hobnobbing!"

Looks like you've been saving that rant up for a while, Jonathan!

Australia lead by 530 runs with 7 wickets remaining with two whole days left. Hope the Warner Brother gets his ton early tomorrow.

Another 100 for De Kock in an unbroken 182 with Amla. I'm guessing that the ODI selectors are saying "Graham who?"

Amazing.