Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya Dale. that did come to mind, but this is without run-rate pressure. Patient application is more the name of the game today. Even if they lose a wicket, the new 3 batsmen can carry their bats. No need to out-psyche themselves thinking they need to blast every 2nd ball into kingdom come. It would be true class if the last winning run came off the last ball. That would be perfect..

ya Dale. that did come to mind, but this is without run-rate pressure. Patient application is more the name of the game today. Even if they lose a wicket, the new 3 batsmen can carry their bats. No need to out-psyche themselves thinking they need to blast every 2nd ball into kingdom come. It would be true class if the last winning run came off the last ball. That would be perfect..

Don't go anywhere....

We'll remember this day, I reckon.

Heehee

"We are drawing on past experiences and we believe we can do it. We've shown resilience, we batted a whole day before," he said. "This team has done remarkable things in the past and we get a bit of a lift from that. It would be a remarkable thing if we can do it again."

Proteas Assistant coach, Adrian Birrell

Its turning into a super test, gripping stuff (and without the off the ball stuff like the Asses)

i take it you didnt approve of the australian tactics? I quite enjoyed just how quickly the brits were sledged into capitulation. Instead of manning-up, the brits imploded brains first. it was hilarious.

I just hope our boys are made of much sterner stuff, and dont allow the Aussies into their headspace.

"We are drawing on past experiences and we believe we can do it. We've shown resilience, we batted a whole day before," he said. "This team has done remarkable things in the past and we get a bit of a lift from that. It would be a remarkable thing if we can do it again."

Proteas Assistant coach, Adrian Birrell

that's ironic: it was the same assistant coach that said a draw was foremost on the team's mind this morning before play started. Bit of a cop out to now suddenly change tune when the game is properly on. pfft..not impressed.. <_<

Edited by Capricorn

Its turning into a super test, gripping stuff (and without the off the ball stuff like the Asses)

Come now, Teatime!

that's ironic: it was the same assistant coach that said a draw was foremost on the team's mind this morning before play started. Bit of a cop out to now suddenly change tune when the game is properly on. pfft..not impressed.. <_<

That was his comment last night at the end of the day's play

sledging is our thing as much as it is the Aussies... We are a super 'in your face' team when we need to be. Steyn is OTT sometimes and Biff and Kallis have exchanged words with the best of them.

I think we are slightly reactive as a team though. The Indian team under 'the ice man' is very laid back and well mannered which meant we never really had anything to rise up to... Th Aussies will come out tongues wagging and we will rise to the task.

We have the experienced, top ranked tried and tested players now which the Australians lack so I like to think their shock tactics will backfire and we can all watch what is shaping up to be quite a test series, not concentrate on who copulated with whose mother or which side is a bigger cheat....

Edited by singlespeedGuy

Well played Faf and AB. This side is certainly showing how much they treasure that No1 ranking by fighting the way they are right now.

30 overs for 128 odd.... The 'additional' 30 mins allowed at the close of play if a result looks iminent could come into play for both teams later!

A 5 test series would have been epic, no thanks BCCI

(and up yours too, for the lack of DRS, while Im at it)