Cricket......

E1A104

My guess would be that AB goes to 4 and Tsolikele comes in as WK.

So now we lose a bowling option and we now want to lose a batting option as well? Go count the proper batsmen and bowlers as the team was now and your proposition.

Currently 6 batsmen and 4 bowlers (I don't count the spinner as a bowler)

With this proposal it will be 5 and 3 (Kallis excluded and Thami included)

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not Thami please

So many more option than him - bring in Elgar, QDK, Rosouw, Ingram, AB can keep until QDK is ready. I think the condition should dictate whether they replace him with a batsmen or bowling all rounder.

Kallis scored nearly as many runs as Dravid and took nearly as many wickets as Khan.

Dravid + Khan = JK

153 runs and 9 wickets today. Well done Steyn & co. If we can bat for 150 overs at 3.5 per over we'd get very close to a 200 run lead with possibly 120 overs at India. In the meantime there will be an interesting 30 minutes for our opening batsmen today.

It will be interesting to see how they bowl - wicket looked dead, and they dont have al lot of pace. It is taking turn, though, but they dont have a front line spinner. Peterson was disappointing, Jadeja might bowl better. In hindsight, Tahir would perhaps have been the better option?

No, not Thami please

So many more option than him - bring in Elgar, QDK, Rosouw, Ingram, AB can keep until QDK is ready.

I agree, I would select any of those guys over Thami. But that wont score any political points with the government. I think Tsolikile will play as a quota player.

If I had to choose, I would go with AB at 4, Faf 5, JP 6, QdK at 7. JP to bowl more, with 4 frontline bowlers. The bowling selections must be done with more care, without a Kallis to bail us out if some bowlers are ineffective like Peterson and Philander were today.

Ashes, 4th Test

A little too late...

England in a strong position on day 2 after restricting Aus to 160/9, chasing a lowly 259 1st innings.