Cricket......

E1A104

great stuff proteas, suppose batting out to save the first test is now vindicated. Can we have that third test now please?

Embarrassing turnout by durban (and joburg). Why oh why are there so many cricket fans on twitter but only a handful at the actual game?

My thoughts on the DC comments, people for years have been slating Kallis for playing for his average and not the team, most of the time with some justification. What DC did wrong was say it during his 'final' match, maybe there was an axe to grind further. What's definitely been forgotten is that DC is pretty much our own tendulkar...kid got a first class century whilst still in std 8(or something like that).

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's definitely been forgotten is that DC is pretty much our own tendulkar...kid got a first class century whilst still in std 8(or something like that).

Yeah, long forgotten. The only thing people remember now is that his the FATBOY's *iaaatch!!!

But seriously, the lesson there is that he showed plenty promise early on in his career which went well and towards the end degenerated somewhat. On the other hand you had someone who was (no-one can deny) just consistent throughout.

great stuff proteas, suppose batting out to save the first test is now vindicated. Can we have that third test now please?

Embarrassing turnout by durban (and joburg). Why oh why are there so many cricket fans on twitter but only a handful at the actual game?

My thoughts on the DC comments, people for years have been slating Kallis for playing for his average and not the team, most of the time with some justification. What DC did wrong was say it during his 'final' match, maybe there was an axe to grind further. What's definitely been forgotten is that DC is pretty much our own tendulkar...kid got a first class century whilst still in std 8(or something like that).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1dGOyXyj-3w

I would definitely no say that he was our very own Tendulkar I personally don't believe he'll be remembered as one of SA's legends of Cricket. Below is a list of players who I believe will be remembered for a long long time.

Old Players

=============

Hansie Cronje

Gary Kirsten

Makaya Ntini

Alan Donald

Shaun Pollock

King Kallis

Current Players

==============

Graeme Smith

Dale Steyn

Hashim Amla

Edited by Mr Winter

I would definitely no say that he was our very own Tendulkar I personally don't believe he'll be remembered as one of SA's legends of Cricket. Below is a list of players who I believe will be remembered for a long long time.

Old Players

=============

Hansie Cronje

Gary Kirsten

Makaya Ntini

Alan Donald

Shaun Pollock

Current Players

==============

Graeme Smith

Dale Steyn

Hashim Amla

I assume you are only talking about players post readmission:

Add to that:

Past players:

Mark Boucher

Current players:

AB de Villiers

Vernon Philander

Old Players

You mean like Graeme Pollock?

as in

Perhaps the finest left-hand batsman the game has ever produced - Donald Bradman certainly thought so, classing only Garry Sobers as his equal among those he saw play... He scored his maiden first-class century when he was just 16 and then posted his first Test hundred at 19 in Australia.
Edited by Cellar

I assume you are only talking about players post readmission:

Add to that:

Past players:

Mark Boucher

Current players:

AB de Villiers

Vernon Philander

You mean like Graeme Pollock?

as in

I'm talking about Players that I have been fortunate enough to have watched playing the game, I didn't have the pleasure of watching Graeme Pollock play.

Old Players

=============

Hansie Cronje

Gary Kirsten

Makaya Ntini

Alan Donald

Shaun Pollock

King Kallis

Current Players

==============

Graeme Smith

Dale Steyn

Hashim Amla

you're right. Somewhere between tendulkar and kambli.

I just find it lank funny that all the twitter experts blast the players for not being aggressive at wanderers, and then blast the guy who points out that blocking out every rohit Sharma ball is the same thing. Sure the context is different, but I think somewhere in between his bullsh1t dc was making a valid point.

I'm talking about Players that I have been fortunate enough to have watched playing the game, I didn't have the pleasure of watching Graeme Pollock play.

One of my most memorable tests matches I watched was the rebel Australian tour at Newlands. The man was true class

I would definitely no say that he was our very own Tendulkar

I personally don't believe he'll be remembered as one of SA's legends of Cricket.

I hope you are refering to Cullinan, and not Kallis!

In which case I agree.

Regarding the rest of your list, Im not sure How Hansie will be remembered by the international cricket community. He was a great player, and on his way to greatness, but was also corrupt like many figures of authority in SA. (at least Hansie confessed he did wrong, but Im not sure if we heard it all)

I hope you are refering to Cullinan, and not Kallis!

In which case I agree.

Regarding the rest of your list, Im not sure How Hansie will be remembered by the international cricket community. He was a great player, and on his way to greatness, but was also corrupt like many figures of authority in SA. (at least Hansie confessed he did wrong, but Im not sure if we heard it all)

Definitely referring to Cullinan

I've put Hansie on the list due to the corruption he may not make the list for being a legend but he does make the list for being infamous

Jonty Rhodes can also perhaps make the list.

I did forget about him, he will always be remembered for his run out in the 92 world cup

Definitely referring to Cullinan

he had one of the best batting techniques - maybe a little bit too perfect, batting was too easy for him. but the good bowlers worked out his flaw (liked to play the big shots from the 1st ball)

Unless Warne was bowling....

and it was Warne's straight one bowled a bit faster & flatter that got him most of the time.