Cricket......

E1A104

he had every opportunity to extend his world record run of consecutive 50's in test matches...but it was the last thing on his mind

He already had an out in the 40s in the first test or against india .... can't remember which

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maaan that was disappointing, but first series lost in 5 years is one hell of a good run.

Only real take away for me is that even a 3 test series was not enough.

The way we came back from centurion's carnage and the aussies came back from st george's reverse carnage means there was no way to pick a result for a fourth test with confidence.

Got to say as much as Warner scored a lot of runs, the man of the match and series awards should really be going to bowlers who got 20 wickets on flat pitches. He also got dropped far too many times to not have a bit of asterisk against his runs.

We definitely didn't click as a team, and probably our worst fielding performace in memory - maybe a dedicated fielding coach is required. Can maybe say that AB is the only guy who performed in every test for us. Major respect to him for stonewalling the bowlers yesterday, he had every opportunity to extend his world record run of consecutive 50's in test matches...but it was the last thing on his mind.

oh well, at least we're still #1 australia will have to be as consistent as we've been if they want the mace (assuming the big three don't vote it out before that time).

5 Test would be epic - I cant remember when last we played a 5 test series. In the recent tours - Pak in UAE, India and Aus at home. I get the feeling and it is backed up by stats that SA play so little crickets compared to others. Perhaps the long break between series is the reason we have been slow out the blocks with the last 3 series (lost to Pak, had out backs against the wall with India and got hammered in the 1st test against Aus.)

We seem underprepared going into these - Aus came with a head of steam.

Lets hope we can get some revenge in the ODI's

He already had an out in the 40s in the first test or against india .... can't remember which

We went out in the 40s in the very next innings after he broke the world record

I WAS WRONG about saying it was a boring test match,!! The last 15 overs was very tense,and i didnt move from the couch.

SA had lots of personnel challenges:

Kallis retires

Parnell and his groin

Parnell and his concussion

Smith with one foot out the door

The team is in a rebuilding phase

No credit taken away from the stubborn Aussies

Lehman and Clarke is a formidable force in leadership.

consecutive tests with a 50 in either innings. not consecutive innings.

was something like 14 tests in a row, he broke the record in pe, media made quite a fuss of it.

I WAS WRONG about saying it was a boring test match,!! The last 15 overs was very tense,and i didnt move from the couch.

Lekka, Lexx

I couldn't even watch

can i be the one to say "told you so!!" ?

SA had lots of personnel challenges:

Kallis retires

Parnell and his groin

Parnell and his concussion

Smith with one foot out the door

The team is in a rebuilding phase

No credit taken away from the stubborn Aussies

Lehman and Clarke is a formidable force in leadership.

oh yes, we need to get a better sangoma. australia play harris with two broken knees and he makes it through a tough summer, yet we end up playing a bowler short in two games. maybe they bought some strong muti at ORT when they arrived.

oh yes, we need to get a better sangoma. australia play harris with two broken knees and he makes it through a tough summer, yet we end up playing a bowler short in two games. maybe they bought some strong muti at ORT when they arrived.

Funny you

can i be the one to say "told you so!!" ?

Yes you can,lol..

i really thought it was going to be a draw,but man it was good. I was just waiting for a "Barney" between Clark and Steyn. :ph34r: :whistling:

Guest Latent Blue

Parnell and his groin

quite a common problem, that... with men

consecutive tests with a 50 in either innings. not consecutive innings.

was something like 14 tests in a row, he broke the record in pe, media made quite a fuss of it.

Oh...I thought it was consecutive innings... He as almost done they as well though!!

Yes you can,lol..

i really thought it was going to be a draw,but man it was good. I was just waiting for a "Barney" between Clark and Steyn. :ph34r: :whistling:

especially when Steyn started pointing his bat at Clarke, could've been interesting!!!!

Although the Aussies have a couple of big boys!!

especially when Steyn started pointing his bat at Clarke, could've been interesting!!!!

Although the Aussies have a couple of big boys!!

Harris and Johnson and Warner look like real fighters, :whistling:

Harris and Johnson and Warner look like real fighters, :whistling:

Was surprised when I heard Johnson's interview. Quite a squeaky voice for such a big guy.