Cricket......

E1A104

nice patient work from our boys...really grafted for this first innings, runs on the board gives tahir a bit of licence to attack.

they're up to 150overs now, I think it was jason gillespie who said there's nothing more over rated than the third new ball!

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

450 up. duminy on 98.

morkel has hung around with him well.

so much for my two genuine #11s comment earlier in the thread.

speaking of which, the SLankans have a really long tail.

Shew, hard graft for the batsmen today. We needed the extra batsmen, without which we would have been in trouble.

Good knock by JPD, slight advantage SA.

Will we declare after JPD gets 100? Imo they should use the max time and get as many runs as possible, perhaps bowl 5 overs at the end of the day.

I still feel we are short a spinner, but lets see how we bowl.

Shew, hard graft for the batsmen today. We needed the extra batsmen, without which we would have been in trouble.

Good knock by JPD, slight advantage SA.

Will we declare after JPD gets 100? Imo they should use the max time and get as many runs as possible, perhaps bowl 5 overs at the end of the day.

I still feel we are short a spinner, but lets see how we bowl.

sort of. JP gots his 100, morkel went for a six the next ball and got out...then they declared!

now time for Steyntjie and the philanderer to moer hulle

Really funny comment on cricinfo

Kieran : "For someone with a test bowling average of 20, you'd think Philander would at least have the courtesy to be a walking wicket."

haha this okes doing the ball-by-ball commentary always crack me up, I love following them & the tweets they post from us can been funny too.

450 up. duminy on 98.

morkel has hung around with him well.

so much for my two genuine #11s comment earlier in the thread.

speaking of which, the SLankans have a really long tail.

ok you only get half a point then, they didn't even bother bringing Tahir out.

ok you only get half a point then, they didn't even bother bringing Tahir out.

well technically they gave him the new ball as first change.

Another absorbing day's cricket. In hindsight Duminy seemed to be the correct choice at nr 7 and de Kock at nr 6. With Duminy effectively dropping down to 8 with Steyn as night watchman there were few who would have held the tail together like that.

Advantage SA

Last time we lost a series away from home - was here in 2006.

We got solidly moered in the first test. batted first, 170 all out, got 2 quick wickets...and then the Mahela and Kumar show took over.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/249193.html

a little 620 run partnership at about 4rpo destroyed us. Scariest thing is Boje's figures - 65 overs for 0/221

amla, ab and steyn - mahela, kumar and thuranga were all there and playing the current test.

Other thing was that we were playing without biff and kallis as both were injured!

So Ja, definitely advantage SA with runs on the board, but we need to get those two out first.

74/3 in the first session today for our boys to take the score to 104/3. Sri Lanka will be on the back foot for the rest of the day with a deficit of 351 and both Sangakara and Jyawardene back in the hut.

That's great let's not forget their middle order can be sticky at times, this is a test match after all & depending on who your opponents are it can sometimes bring the best out of you, still hoping for a "All out" at close of play.

136/4 - Well bowled JP!

Chandimal and Matthews are the last 2 recognized batsmen and Thirimanne looks like he is in good nick. If we can get Chandimal and Matthews before tea we would have opened up one end for Steyn and Vern to come in and do a lower order extraction.

JP is not a full time bowler but we got to admit the last couple of games he took some key wickets for us not bad for a part timer

To quote ESPNcricinfo: "Give Duminy some credit. His test bowling average is better than Narine and Irfan (and they're not half bad bowlers)"

To quote ESPNcricinfo: "Give Duminy some credit. His test bowling average is better than Narine and Irfan (and they're not half bad bowlers)"

He has a all rounder's batting average .... :ph34r: