Cricket......

E1A104

the question is Do We have a young quality spinner to take his place?

Dane Piedt maybe even Simon Harmer (He can also bat!)

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo the brains trust got it wrong by going with an unchanged attack. This pitch is even flatter than the last, and shows signs of taking a lot of spin. Philanderis not effective, Duminy is part time, and Tahir is not the answer. Selectors were too conservative. I would have kept Tahir in the hope that he would come good, but would have dropped Philander for Piedt or Harmer.

Edited by Christie

Good start by SA. Vern is bowling as well as I have ever seen him bowl. Fielders holding onto catches and a bit of luck and patience will help though.

Is that Vern Philtamperer??

The Vern gets his 1st wicket in Sri Lanka after some good disciplined line and length

Slump kinda by the 'Lankans

Good total and run rate

whoopsie. 2 down and loooong way to go (they were 2 down early on too, but dang their 3 spinner attack seems to be the bizniz on this pitch)

A scathing attack on England cricket

http://www.espncrici...ory/763425.html

my favourite cricket journalist, top of a very good bunch. can't wait for their movie.

When England officially announced their part in the Axis of Admin with Australia and India, they tried to spin it as their way of saving cricket. They thought we were all incredibly stupid people. Some in the "small seven" felt England were joining India and Australia in a new empire. One last chance at grabbing at power and money. Others were disgusted that England would be involved with those dastardly Indians, who were clearly running, or ruining, everything.

Their team has been just as bad.

They pissed on a cricket pitch. Some claim there was such bad karma that they haven't won a Test since. But they also didn't win at The Oval, so it might be more than urinating causality.

Oh dear 3/1 Pietersen c&b Herath,

Spin in the 2nd over this is ridiculous!!!

only got 1 seamer (and the captain doesn't rate his own bowling enough to take the new ball)

The Vern gets his 1st wicket in Sri Lanka after some good disciplined line and length

Slump kinda by the 'Lankans

Good total and run rate

You have to admire the Sri Lankans' determination to try and force a result. We are going to have to bat very well to pull this one out of the fire. There is so much cricket left with 10 sessions remaining. We will have to try and bat for at least another 5 or 6 sessions in this innings to close the game down and we will have to look to score and not just defend. Batting last on this pitch we would not want to face more than 2 sessions on that pitch.

You have to admire the Sri Lankans' determination to try and force a result. We are going to have to bat very well to pull this one out of the fire. There is so much cricket left with 10 sessions remaining. We will have to try and bat for at least another 5 or 6 sessions in this innings to close the game down and we will have to look to score and not just defend. Batting last on this pitch we would not want to face more than 2 sessions on that pitch.

I dunno if that's really what they were doing this morning. last 4 wickets scored 30 runs in 16 overs, with dickwella well set just throwing down the anchor. That's a lot of blocking from the tail. But you're right on the task facing us, we are going to have to bat long and hard here, and that half session might just be the difference in the end.

Brilliant one-handed catch

Faf not so lucky with that leg glance taken

Now for the talented AB dV

Faf fell to some awesome fielding. Now if only Alviro and Elgar had the same resolve...

121 for 2 would have looked and felt a lot better than 98/3.

Big session tomorrow morning for our boys.