Cricket......

E1A104

1st was by Eddo Brandes, who was once chirped "Why have you got so fat" by a frustrated Glenn Mcgrath, to which Brandes replied, "Because everytime I make love to your wife she gives me a biscuit". One of the few times Mcgrath was outchirped.

Reminds me of the chirp by Daryl Cullinan.

As we know, he was notoriously bad at facing Shane Warne. so one day as he made it to the crease, Warne said to him that he'd been waiting for the showdown down some time, to which Cullinan replied "Yes, and it looks like you've been spending most of that time eating"

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's match:

This was supposed to be a dress rehearsal for the final but it has become an almost must-win match for an Australian side that has been pushed off its No.1 ODI perch. Australia's defeat to Zimbabwe saw on Sunday them tumble dramatically from first to fourth on the rankings. More pressingly for them it meant that unless they beat South Africa in the fifth match of the triangular, their fate regarding the final will not be in their hands.

Cricinfo

reckon aus are building up for a big finish. 275 looks to be on the cards with all those wickets in hand.

I sometimes enjoy reading Telford Vice's column

http://telfordvice.wordpress.com/2014/09/02/can-we-trust-sa-to-win-when-it-counts/

Esp

SORRY to bother, Professors Sen, Chomsky and Einstein, but could one of you – indeed, it might require all of you putting your famously fantastic heads together – tell us how the dark alchemy of Zimbabwe’s zeroes beating Australia’s aces and semi-piddling India winning against utterly piddling England clears the way for India to make an undignified belly-crawl to the top of the one-day rankings.

Make that a belly-flop. The No. 1 position has, after all, fallen into India’s laps as limply as James Anderson’s attempts to intimidate opponents – on or off the field – fizzles into unfunny comedy. If India are one-day cricket’s best team, Geoffrey Boycott can cook a mean butter chicken. Eeh by bloody gum he can’t.

And the Aussies, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Johnson and all, have slip-slided away to fourth place? Clearly, this script has been flung at us from the ragged edge of Bollywood’s lunatic fringe.

reckon aus are building up for a big finish. 275 looks to be on the cards with all those wickets in hand.

over 250 starting to look unlikely ...

good to see tahir is (once again) bouncing back from a test mauling to limited overs success. Looking at his stats across the three formats is quite interesting.

matches/run rate/average

tests - 15 / 3,53 / 47,17

ODI - 20 / 4.27 / 17,82

T20i - 12 / 5,8 / 12,42

those second 2 are s4it hot numbers, the first one is uber crap. reckon his limited overs returns keep him in the test team.

over 250 starting to look unlikely ...

I hope you right, would love nothing better than the aussies to come third in a triangular series.

good to see tahir is (once again) bouncing back from a test mauling to limited overs success. Looking at his stats across the three formats is quite interesting.

matches/run rate/average

tests - 15 / 3,53 / 47,17

ODI - 20 / 4.27 / 17,82

T20i - 12 / 5,8 / 12,42

those second 2 are s4it hot numbers, the first one is uber crap. reckon his limited overs returns keep him in the test team.

I don't think he has the bottle for test cricket. Doesnt build pressure in test so opponents can block and wait for the bad ball every over and score without much risk where as ODI/T20 players are always trying to manufacture shots and score quickly and often lose their wicket as opposed to him getting them out, as you often have to do in tests.

Tahir is great with his variety of deliveries which bamboozles the big hitters in ODIs.

Always been the case.

With Piedt arriving on the scene, his results are not good enough to return to Tests.

Liked this comment from ESPNCrickinfo

DT: "The only consolation for an Australian fan is that England are doing worse."

Aussies starting to wobble ........ what needs to happy for them to finish last and us to play Zim?

Aussies starting to wobble ........ what needs to happy for them to finish last and us to play Zim?

Big hiding today and we have a tight game against Zim,

or we just let Zim take the next game ad we beat Aus today.

The issue is the Nett run rate from the first game,

Aus bashed Zim by 200 runs.

Big hiding today and we have a tight game against Zim,

or we just let Zim take the next game ad we beat Aus today.

The issue is the Nett run rate from the first game,

Aus bashed Zim by 200 runs.

We would have to lose to Zim

Aus won with a bonus point remember

Thus Aus sit on 5 point and Zim on 4

Bonus point? I noted that. What are the requirements? Big victory/close finish? dunno if I like that

Think it's much more simple than that.

SA need to beat Aus and throw the game against zim. Don't think any other rational optional exists looking at the run rates even if bonus points got them on even standing.