Cricket......

E1A104

Big win for SA today. I got a bit nervous at the start, but the batting is looking very very strong. Death bowling was not up to standard, though - it looks like our biggest weakness.

No Miller in the 11 today. Imo it is a bit crazy not to use such a talent - I would prefer him at 4 instead of Russouw. He can be much more than a last over slugger.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuckled at this comment from McLaren

The quip
Ryan McLaren had bowled a bouncer that reared at Kyle Mills, forcing the batsman to hurriedly swerve his head out of the way, but as he turned in his follow through he saw umpire Chris Gaffaney first call a no-ball and then change his decision to a wide for height. It was a marginal call, and someone - perhaps McLaren - was heard on the stump microphone telling the umpire in jest, "You must have been a batter in your day." And indeed he was.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand-v-south-africa-2014-15/content/story/790927.html

Another that seems to get better with age is McKensie. There will always be the one or 2 that never quite cracked the nod for international cricket. Puttick would have been a good call as he can do duty as a backup keeper too, but with both AB and QdK in the side it seems like he will have to be content to play franchise cricket until he calls it a day.

McKenzie had his chances, and didn't do too badly actually (edit: he played 58 tests somehow!! average of 38 probably not enough to keep him there). with cook, and alviro the strikers have a real pensioners section. He does not need ANY sympathy, as this is his wife.http://aworship.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/tn_Kerry-and-Neil-were-named-Most-Stylish-Couple-at-the-SA-Style-Awards.-Bravo.jpg

in other news Aus Pakis have kicked off their first test. go the PAKIS! As expected Ryan Harris still hasn't played since paralysing himself taking the final wickets at newlands in march.

Edited by Shebeen

McKenzie had his chances, and didn't do too badly actually (edit: he played 58 tests somehow!! average of 38 probably not enough to keep him there).

AND he is in the record books as the holder of the all time highest first wicket partnership in test match cricket along with the other KES boy in the team........

and in other news, the pakis are carting the aussies around the park 373/5 on a pitch that is going to turn into a dustbowl.

ag shame

and in other news, the pakis are carting the aussies around the park 373/5 on a pitch that is going to turn into a dustbowl.

ag shame

407/5 - Ahmed letting loose ....

NM Lyon 36 4 144 0 4.00 - on a spin friendly wicket. Eina

the world's #2 test team in a spot of bother in the land of oil an imitation.

272/8, 170 behind. 7 sessions still to go.

wonder if they will try get the new paki spinners banned for chucking?

Ab takes 2 wickets. I don't think anyone predicted that.

Wow

And the Mighty Hash gets a big one

407/5 - Ahmed letting loose ....

NM Lyon 36 4 144 0 4.00 - on a spin friendly wicket. Eina

and the Pakis have a handy 151 run 1st innings lead with about 12 overs left in the day. Lets hope they can get to about 350 runs ahead with at least 40 overs and the final day to try and get a win. I would like to see some daylight appear on the ICC test rankings between us and Aus.