Cricket......

E1A104

Agree that Morris should get a crack.

AB should be in at 4 with Rousouw coming in later and should be dropped when JP is back.

Faf has been a decent no.3 but needs to be a bit more consistent.

Would like Abbot to play as Tahir's replacement on the un-assisting pitches or replace the quick that is not on form at any given time.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, with the form Morris is in I cannot see how they can not give him a call up for 20 over side.

he's in the queue amongst many others.

Sure he got 2-2 in one match, and somehow got a man of the match in another.

But he must have been really k4k in the others. - down in 17th place in terms of averages here

http://www.supersport.com/cricket/domestic-t20/ramslam-t20-averages-201415

I'm quite loathe to use statistics in T20 without a disclaimer, as there is so much situational info in your performance that doesn't come through in the stats.  Ie. a deathbowler getting 8rpo beats a middle order guy going at 6p.o.

he also doesn't feature in the batting, incidentally halfway through the leauge section both lists are headed by a certain chris henry gayle - not sure if that would also be the case if the proteas were here, but damn fine achievement none the less!

Agree that Morris should get a crack.

AB should be in at 4 with Rousouw coming in later and should be dropped when JP is back.

Faf has been a decent no.3 but needs to be a bit more consistent.

Would like Abbot to play as Tahir's replacement on the un-assisting pitches or replace the quick that is not on form at any given time.

I agree that Faf is a tried and tested no.3, just a little out of touch at the moment, which hopefully will be rectified soon. AB needs to back himself to come in at 4 (or even 3 if the situation allows) and push it on. Our lower order is just too fragile and we must avoid AB being stranded with the tail unnecessarily. 

Gosh I feel sorry for Abbot though. He does deserve a game - personally hope he is well ahead of Parnell on the list. 

We are to reliant on AB .... should have scored close to 300. Going to have to bowl really well

Last 5 overs 23/3 RR 4.60 .... South Africa only scored 82 in their last 15 overs, and 51 in their last 10.....just not good enough

Aus also a bowler short

Edited by JGR

Just need to keep this pressure up.

Doesnt seem like such a great surface as the commentators keep punting.

Lets not pop the champagne just yet

yip, looks like we're drilling them, BUT

it's still under 7rpo

still got 7 wickets in hand....far from over kadover

yip, looks like we're drilling them, BUT

it's still under 7rpo

still got 7 wickets in hand....far from over kadover

With 4 wickets down and 6.6 needed an over its going to be very tough for the Ausies.

speaking of bowlers, what has actually happened to lopsy?

He hasn't played an ODI for almost a year now - yet he's still #14 in the rankings, was #1 in 2012....I don't see a way back in for him for this world cup at this late stage.