E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Define choke, if we lose it does not mean that we chocked

Edit: should have added "necessarily"

I am referring to the later stages of the world cup. Not now!

I am referring to the later stages of the world cup. Not now!

So if we run into a rampant Starke or Southee on a seaming wicket, or Warner or McCullem simply play out of their skins to score 150 off 80? To be fair, on current form NZ and Aus looks much more like WC contenders than us. A home crowd is like an extra fielder in high pressure games. I'd like us to do well, but if we are beaten by a better side in a pressure game we should be mature enough to take it on the chin and move on. We can ill-afford to crucify our side if they end up losing to a better side. Do the basic well and we will give ourselves a decent chance.

So if we run into a rampant Starke or Southee on a seaming wicket, or Warner or McCullem simply play out of their skins to score 150 off 80? To be fair, on current form NZ and Aus looks much more like WC contenders than us. A home crowd is like an extra fielder in high pressure games. I'd like us to do well, but if we are beaten by a better side in a pressure game we should be mature enough to take it on the chin and move on. We can ill-afford to crucify our side if they end up losing to a better side. Do the basic well and we will give ourselves a decent chance.

Agree, SA supporters is bad losers (including me). Cricket is a funny game, its not always the best team that wins on the day and you need a few things going for you to reach the finals.

SA struggling to build pressure due to Parnell bowling. I just cant find it in me to like him, but hope he proves me wrong in this tournament.

I cannot understand why Parnell is in the team. He might be good at domestic level, but he just doesnt seem to be able to make that shift to the top level.

Parnell is well below par. Where's Ryan McLaren?

Excellent question. Parnell 9.44 avg per over. Pathetic. Steyn, Morkell and Tahir pulled it back for us. And AB, what a star! Amla and De Plessis must get us a good start and we can take this one easily

Geez, Sa sports fans are pessimists. Parnell bowled poorly, but he got Dhawan out. 308 isn't a huge score considering the quality of our batters and India's bowlers.

Geez, Sa sports fans are pessimists. Parnell bowled poorly, but he got Dhawan out. 308 isn't a huge score considering the quality of our batters and India's bowlers.

You said it. Too many fans and too few students of the game.

Par score imo. Lets wait till both teams had a bat.

Injury to Vern exposed the part timers. Behardien would have gone for even more, this was the best 11 for ths match.

If our top 6 cant chase on this deck, we dont deserve to win the WC.

The moment got a bit big for some of our fielders, I hope the batsmen settle down. Good pressure test, this.