Cricket......

E1A104

AB should not keep and captain imo, he will bea t risk of over-rate penalties. The other risk is that it has a negative impact on his batting - without him scoring, the rest looks very tentative.

Not something to try the first time in a knock-out match.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AB should not keep and captain imo, he will bea t risk of over-rate penalties. The other risk is that it has a negative impact on his batting - without him scoring, the rest looks very tentative.

Not something to try the first time in a knock-out match.

He did pretty well doing it against the Windies when they were here.

so is everyone is in agreement that QDK played his last card...and it wasn't an ace

No not inclined to agree. QdK hasn't failed at his primary job of wicket keeping. His batting is secondary. He did get a start today and he appears a cricketer who sets himself high standards. I think he'll turn the corner soon enough.

No not inclined to agree. QdK hasn't failed at his primary job of wicket keeping. His batting is secondary. He did get a start today and he appears a cricketer who sets himself high standards. I think he'll turn the corner soon enough.

well..lets hope

steyn on the other hand is getting knocked all around the park right now :(

so is everyone is in agreement that QDK played his last card...and it wasn't an ace

jussis, the irritating thing for me is that we're about to play a world cup 1/4 and we have a bout 4/5 permutations for the team. This should not be happening now.

I think the only given is that phangiso won't play in the qfinal.

qdk could remain opening, drop down the order of sit on the bench

a combination of abbot/parnell/philander/behardien are looking at possibly 2 slots.

The keeper issue is really up to AB. he doesn't want to do it, but might be forced to here. He says it's too much workload(but then he goes and takes the gloves for test cricket - that makes no sense). The sad thing here is that we have 5/6 world class keeper/batsmen who would make most international sides but the one with the gloves is currently not scoring runs (AB/qdk/morne van wyk/dane vilas/heino kuhn/darren smit take your pick).

There's going to be loads of speculation on our permutations for the qfinal against Sri lanka - they also have quite a few options and loads of injuries. with only 3 proper bowlers do we play less batsmen and do our best to keep their top three batters quiet?

The two big stuff ups I think they've made that are burning them now - 

*AB should have taken forever in the field against pakistan and got his suspension for this game. imagine he keeps in the qfinal, we sneak through in a tense game and he's out the semis?

*phangiso carrying drinks for 6 weeks down under. Ryan maclaren as our most dependable all-rounder would be quite nice right now. 

What is your selection from the available players for the QF?

Faf

#

AB

Rossouw

Miller

Duminy 

QDK

Steyn

Abbott

Morkel

Tahir

This keeps AB away from the wickets which he can do but he seems to play better and make more of an impact when he's not doing WK duty too! Drop QDK down the order to take off the opening bat pressure and make sure his WK duties are above expectation!

Tough to leave Vern out but Abbott has made a big impact through the tournament already and is clearly in good form!

And AB is answering some of the 5'th bowler questions. If he can go for 15 off 3 and pick up a few wickets against quality opposition as well we'll take it.

dunno - a keeper has to contribute with the bat these days, non negotiable. Did you see him bat? deer in the headlights stuff against the UAE attack, almost ran Rilee out 4 times.

He can play the next world cup.

dunno - a keeper has to contribute with the bat these days, non negotiable. Did you see him bat? deer in the headlights stuff against the UAE attack, almost ran Rilee out 4 times.

He can play the next world cup.

I think a chat with Jennings and Boucher might be in order. Take into account his youth. He wants to do well and get runs. I think he just needs to be calmed down by the senior players and the coaching staff. Must be nervous because of his form with the bat. Perhaps better to bat lower down?

The two big stuff ups I think they've made that are burning them now - 

*AB should have taken forever in the field against pakistan and got his suspension for this game. imagine he keeps in the qfinal, we sneak through in a tense game and he's out the semis?

I have been in meetings this morning - Did i miss something??

*phangiso carrying drinks for 6 weeks down under. Ryan maclaren as our most dependable all-rounder would be quite nice right now. 

Hansie did that in '92

well..lets hope

steyn on the other hand is getting knocked all around the park right now :(

Ja I'm more worried about him than QdK. He seems tight in his shoulders and has none of his usual zip. Been decidedly average.

AB bowling in this game would point to him planning on bowling in the knockouts too.

Highlight Reel: "That moment when you realise AB has a better bowling average than Dale Steyn in ODI cricket. AB - 24.7 Dale - 25.6 Mind = blown"

What is your selection from the available players for the QF?

Faf

#

AB

Rossouw

Miller

Duminy

QDK

Steyn

Abbott

Morkel

Tahir

This keeps AB away from the wickets which he can do but he seems to play better and make more of an impact when he's not doing WK duty too! Drop QDK down the order to take off the opening bat pressure and make sure his WK duties are above expectation!

Tough to leave Vern out but Abbott has made a big impact through the tournament already and is clearly in good form!

That I think is our best line up given the squad available. Although I'd swap AB and Rilee around with Rilee batting at 3.

And AB is answering some of the 5'th bowler questions. If he can go for 15 off 3 and pick up a few wickets against quality opposition as well we'll take it.

Especially since JP and Farhaan haven't really come good with the ball. Two wickets for AB again. Handy bowling and helps get through those ten overs without much fuss.