Cricket......

E1A104

And, you're right, there were many doubters.

Now his the only triple century holder in Test Cricket for SA in the HISTORY OF SA CRICKET, against the top team in the world.

Now this I don't agree with!!! :P

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hashim Amla is a great example to all children regardless of religion, clean living, humble and prepared to stand up for his beliefs (Not wearing the "Castle Lager" logo on his kit) His celebrations are never over the top, well spoken and a true team player.

He is a true gentleman and talented as hell, you go boy!

Respect!

Imran Tahir doesn't wear the castle logo either.

Imran Tahir doesn't wear the castle logo either.

and he is nowhere as talented as Amla, nor does Parnell wear it, but that is not the point of my comment.....

What you boys think of Morne's stumping yesterday? Bit dodge IMO. Where do you draw the deadball line?

Now this I don't agree with!!! :P

Uhm, er, well, according to the Test Cricket ranking system.

The new system, revised, is a lot better.

No more big points winning over a lowly ranked team.

Big loss in points if loss or draw with a lowly ranked team.

Etc.

What you boys think of Morne's stumping yesterday? Bit dodge IMO. Where do you draw the deadball line?

Not in the spirit of the game.

He was not 'overbalancing'.

Technically, OUT.

So, uncool!

It's a grey area, Benjamin...

The rules can be tightened up.

It's a grey area, Benjamin...

The rules can be tightened up.

i missed what happened to Morne but if it was similar to what Prior tried with Rudolph , i felt that was def not in the spirit of the game, desperate move , same as trying to stump the non-striker wondering out the crease as you about to bowl

i missed what happened to Morne but if it was similar to what Prior tried with Rudolph , i felt that was def not in the spirit of the game, desperate move , same as trying to stump the non-striker wondering out the crease as you about to bowl

I was thinking about that example.

Good one.

:thumbup:

Two words, Benjamin.

Desperate English....

I cannot see the English winning this but they will surely have a full go as it doesn't make much difference if they lose 1 or 2 nil.

technically all three results are possible.

an england win from here would be well deserved as it would be a miracle.

a draw could happen, but it's unlikely since england will go for the win. SA would take the draw, BUT a win for them is much more solid on the rankings.

if it's a draw, SA win the series 1-0 and the ICC rankings are 118 for both teams. we edge ahead.

if SA win, a 2-0 series sees us on top at 120 to england's 117.

So both teams will go for it, if england are on course midway in the afternoon session, then expect Biff to shut the shop with some negative fields and bowling to force the draw. A lot of the wickets in this game have gone with the new ball in it's first 20 overs, the second new ball is probably too late in the day to affect things.

technically all three results are possible.

an england win from here would be well deserved as it would be a miracle.

a draw could happen, but it's unlikely since england will go for the win. SA would take the draw, BUT a win for them is much more solid on the rankings.

if it's a draw, SA win the series 1-0 and the ICC rankings are 118 for both teams. we edge ahead.

if SA win, a 2-0 series sees us on top at 120 to england's 117.

So both teams will go for it, if england are on course midway in the afternoon session, then expect Biff to shut the shop with some negative fields and bowling to force the draw. A lot of the wickets in this game have gone with the new ball in it's first 20 overs, the second new ball is probably too late in the day to affect things.

Should still get 25 overs with the second new ball if we need it. That's plenty to knock over a few. I don't think they will even get there. Need 3.66 an over on the fifth day when the rest of the game struggled to get above 3, for both sides. Going to struggle with keeping wickets and trying to bash it. Might see a few short balls past a few noses as well.

Not in the spirit of the game.

He was not 'overbalancing'.

Technically, OUT.

So, uncool!

My thoughts too, but I didn't like Morne's reaction when he came out to bowl. After the first ball he was kicking up the pitch at the non-strikers end on his follow through. Thought we were better sportsmen than that.

Bell out to The Vern

Philander to Bell, OUT, 129.2 kph, gone! Smith juggled it but held on at the second attempt. Bell flashing away outside off stump to a back-of-a-length delivery and the top flies towards first slip where it jumps out Smith's hands but he stays calm and grabs the rebound