Cricket......

E1A104

good comeback in the middle session so far for the proteas.

they went into lunch with two set batsmen at 252/5. harmer and then steyn did the business and mopped up the tail to go to 326 all out.

78 runs behind, going to have to bat well here.

Bangladesh are no longer the easy beats they used to be, which is really good for world cricket. really good.

Agreed, they've got some quality players now.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, they've got some quality players now.

the good news is that we've got a really healthy lead in the rankings. even (big)if australia win the ashes 4-1 and we lose 2-0  we're still 119 vs 115 at the top.

also helps that england are ranked 6th...not many points for beating them currently!

Rogers off the mark with a dodgy run that nearly sees Warner run out without facing a delivery! Action in the first over of the third Ashes test.

Had a chat recently with my dad about the Ashes and in particular about the bowling plan to Steven Smith. I suggested an attack on or just outside his off stump since he has a tendency to play at everything in that corridor. Today Steven Finn executed that strategy to perfection and got his wicket cheaply.

Aus won the toss

no team has won batting first at Trent Bridge for 6 Tests

Australia 34/3

Finn 2/6 in 3 with the wickets of Smith and Clarke. Bowling is nice and rhythmical with good pace. Great to see him do so well thus far.

Aussies finding Anderson unplayable. Currently 94/7 with Anderson taking 5 for 20 odd so far.

Aussies finding Anderson unplayable. Currently 94/7 with Anderson taking 5 for 20 odd so far.

10.30am Here we go...Australia win the toss and bat "Looks a good wicket, might be something in it this morning," says Clarke. And he confirms an unchanged team.

"We'd have batted as well," says Cook, "it looks a really good wicket. We'll have to bowl well." He confirms Finn in for Wood.

10.30am Here we go...Australia win the toss and bat "Looks a good wicket, might be something in it this morning," says Clarke. And he confirms an unchanged team.

"We'd have batted as well," says Cook, "it looks a really good wicket. We'll have to bowl well." He confirms Finn in for Wood.

Finn was excellent in his first spell getting rid of both Smith and Clarke. And Anderson has been brilliant through out. Australia struggling and the near constant rain interruptions ain't helping much either.

Broad snags Rogers for 52. Australia 110/8. England could be batting sooner rather than later.

Broad snags Rogers for 52. Australia 110/8. England could be batting sooner rather than later.

NOOO . Now 120/9. Come on Aussies , pull finger. Can't say I'm enjoying this much

NOOO . Now 120/9. Come on Aussies , pull finger. Can't say I'm enjoying this much

And I prefer it this way. Nothing in particular against the Aussies just don't like 'em much. Let's wait and see how England goes. It could be a greasy pitch because of the weather.