Cricket......

E1A104

I have a lot of respect for our SA team and they way they handle losses.  They dont go and make a lot of excuses like some other people, they just accept the conditions and simply state that they where not good enough on the the day.  Much respect :clap: :clap:

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lot of respect for our SA team and they way they handle losses.  They dont go and make a lot of excuses like some other people, they just accept the conditions and simply state that they where not good enough on the the day.  Much respect :clap: :clap:

best news from the klapping we got in the 2nd innings - we got 2 more days to work out how to play spin (and how to play the ball that doesn't spin)

best news from the klapping we got in the 2nd innings - we got 2 more days to work out how to play spin (and how to play the ball that doesn't spin)

Our shot selection against spin was definitely not very good. Fortunately our guys are a pretty professional group and I'm sure they'll have spent time discussing the issue and have come up with a plan to handle it.

I expect flat tracks for the next 3 tests where each side scores 500 plus with not enough time for each to bat twice. India will load up with an extra batsman and we'll counter with an extra bowler.

Not so sure about that. I think they'd still go with spinning pitches but not from day 1. They'll be wanting a series win over us. Flat tracks won't guarantee them that. Either way it will be interesting to see what their curators produce.

Oh dear, with the exception of AB our poor proteas seem to have wilted again in the Indian sunshine. It looks like the have exported the drought from here.[emoji26]

Oh dear, with the exception of AB our poor proteas seem to have wilted again in the Indian sunshine. It looks like the have exported the drought from here.[emoji26]

jeez only followed on radio but we were the third best tab it there today.

Surprised it hasn't raised much fuss on espncricinfo, but the replay on ab's dismissal once again shows how infantile the BCCI's distrust of DRS is. It's a joke. If Tendulkar got dismissed that close to a century in his 100th game there would have been a riot.

Ja. What I can't figure out is how we are so much better in the 2 shorter game formats but are utterly useless against India in the tests???

Ja. What I can't figure out is how we are so much better in the 2 shorter game formats but are utterly useless against India in the tests???

easy there... 6 days into a 4 match series.

But it's been disappointing to say the least

Great, so that leaves 14 days to turn the titanic around!

I sure hope they can get it right through. I do love it when the proteas perform well. We have some super talented players and it really is a pleasure to watch them when they are in good form.

Our batsmen produced runs on 'cricket' wickets while so far in the test series we've gotten quick wearing (or doctored, if you will) wickets. It hasn't helped our cause that neither Hash nor Faf has repeated their short format form.

But as My Stuff correctly pointed out it is still early in the series and there is enough time to turn things around.

The Blommetjies will be happy about the rain.

The weather might save them from being 2-0 down in the Seriaaaas

Great, so that leaves 14 days to turn the titanic around!

I sure hope they can get it right through. I do love it when the proteas perform well. We have some super talented players and it really is a pleasure to watch them when they are in good form.

People often do not appreciate what goes on behind the scenes on a tour like this. Historically we had a mostly fit squad, at least 2 bowlers and 2 batsmen in sublime form and a settled side. On this tour we had players needing to find form, key injuries and a measure of inexperience. As we do not get any coverage of our 4 day competition, we as the supporting public cannot make informed judgements about youngsters until we see how they shape up for the national squad.