Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

79/everybody. Not out finest hour...

sorry....but regardless of all that Cricket India should be fined for producing such an abysmal wicket....there needs to be some guidelines in place between which the wicket can sit...this is just not cricket...scuse the pun

sorry....but regardless of all that Cricket India should be fined for producing such an abysmal wicket....there needs to be some guidelines in place between which the wicket can sit...this is just not cricket...scuse the pun

Fully agree, that pitch turned on the second ball of the first over day 1...not cricket

advantage of home ground

That doesn't excuse extremely poor pitches designed to give only one team a better than realistic chance at winning.

That said our batsmen need to get their act together and get some runs on the board.

You know it's a bad pitch when even Indian commentators are extremely critical of it.

advantage of home ground

that pitch is akin to a northern hemisphere rugby side parking all their fire engines outside the stadium and spraying water onto the field on a perfect sunny summers day to simulate rain....and home ground advantage

The problem is that we all now sound like whiners, and we are probably too "gentlemanly" when we host other cricketing nations here. When last did we see a green mamba at Durban?

Furthermore practically the whole squad is on the IPL payroll, so they can't really bitch about the way Indian cricket is run.

I wonder whether a WK/batsman coming in at no 6 or 7 as Dane Vilas has done, has ever matched his record of conceding more byes that scoring runs in a series ?

Saha gone for seven. What a strange dismissal though. Outside edge onto Vilas's foot and then looping up for an easy catch by Amla. And Harmer has struck as well. India 128/7.

Tahir gets 5/38 and India is all out for 173. We need 310 to win. India needs 10 wickets to secure the series win.