Cricket......

E1A104

The attributes that Botham and Flintoff shared were:

- entertaining player on the pitch with bat and ball,

- has had regular issues with the authorities wrt discipline,

-is opinionated, &

- generally enjoys life and letting that joy be expressed vigorously.

The ginger ninja called Stokes seems to be checking these boxes and when actual cricket facts get thrown in is statistically better than both Botham and Flintoff at the same period in their careers.

So yes, Stokesy is a good one!

Good to watch...cricket needs guys like him!!

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to watch...cricket needs guys like him!!

Ja even Steve Waugh has complained that the over regulation of the players and their words/actions have made the game bland. We need the Warner's, the Stokes', the Kohli's and the Steyn's to be able to express themselves without fear that it'll lead to unnecessary censure. Characters much needed, much liked (or loathed) and a select few much loved regardless of what nonsense they get themselves into.

475 is a solid effort on this track. Our opening bowlers can now have a go before tea and be fresh after tea for a second bite at the cherry.

Superb by Rabada. Re our bowling: Abbott has no wickets, in conditions that could not be more helpful. Imo Morris is a better option. Morkel is also looking less threatening than KR. KR clocked 150 kph!

What would the attack look like if all were rested?

Steyn, Rabada, Philander, Morkel would be insane, if conditions justified. Philander out for a spinner, if there is no swing. Imo we need a 5th bowler or allrounder. Duminy out for Morris?

Superb by Rabada. Re our bowling: Abbott has no wickets, in conditions that could not be more helpful. Imo Morris is a better option. Morkel is also looking less threatening than KR. KR clocked 150 kph!

What would the attack look like if all were rested?

Steyn, Rabada, Philander, Morkel would be insane, if conditions justified. Philander out for a spinner, if there is no swing. Imo we need a 5th bowler or allrounder. Duminy out for Morris?

I'm also a Morris fan

He's piercing and consistent with his bowling

And add remarkable batting depth