• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really close at the top of the table:

India - 32M - 3535pts - 110.47

Aus - 40M - 4376pts - 109.40

RSA - 34M - 3703pts - 108.91

Too bad we're not playing enough cricket. That's probably why we held onto the No. 1 for so long.

True true

South Africa had the leading run-scorer and wicket-taker in the four-match series against England but lost the series because there were not enough contributions from the rest

Cricinfo

Read more here:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-england-2015-16/content/story/965991.html

I think you can trace some of the low scores to poor form from key batsmen and the fact that our opening pair has been unsettled and not getting going at all. The one test we won we had a proper opening partnership and ended up with a score our bowlers could defend. But ja too many passengers and not enough worker bees coupled with poor selection choices.

Really close at the top of the table:

India - 32M - 3535pts - 110.47

Aus - 40M - 4376pts - 109.40

RSA - 34M - 3703pts - 108.91

Too bad we're not playing enough cricket. That's probably why we held onto the No. 1 for so long.

australia have to beat NZ in their upcoming feb test series. it's 2 tests, in kiwiland. any draw or a loss and they drop to 3rd with us moving up one.

now, how about williamson, boult and co to raise their game again?!

Looking very forward to this NZ vs Aus series! 

Aus ODI team is looking very dominant, Khawaja can't even get a game at the moment!

The WIndies tour was a pretty dull affair in the tests, and I think the Kiwis are also looking to a proper test challenge as much as the Aussies are. 

Something that I've been wondering about, is how so many people are talking about "resting" some of our players. And that the workload is too much. Even AB hinting at dropping one format. 

How can they be playing too much cricket? I mean, the next test is only in August. yes there  are plenty ODI's and T20's in between. But come on, these are professional sportsmen. Is it really that tough on the body playing cricket? Compare them to rugby players who bash their brains out every single weekend, for most of the year. Yeah there are lots of injuries, but it's a flippen contact sport.

I just sometimes wonder if they don't wrap our players too much in cotton wool. Dale Steyn said something to that effect, he wants to play more cricket to stay strong and injury free. What also really irks me is how our batsmen, especially faf and AB, go down with cramps so often. Are they just not hydrating enough or is it a fitness thing? It just gives me the idea these guys just pitch up on game day, play the game, and afterwards they put their feet up in fear of "overloading". 

I think the boys are fit. Some people are more prone to cramping

Resting players I don't believe in so much. Rugby on the another hand is a different story

BIG NEWS

The uncertainty surrounding AB de Villiers' international future has ended after he was appointed South Africa's permanent Test captain following a two-match stand-in stint against England.

Cricinfo