Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We tried hard to lose that... But luckily topley did it twice in two overs... Drop catch and that blunder!... Not to mention being destroyed by morris in his bowling over!

The English had an Alan Donald moment.  Shame, it is time someone else wear those shoes.

God knows, we have been walking in them long enough.

Edited by Moridin

Meanwhile, McCulllum sets a new record for the fastest Test hundred ever

54 balls, against Aus

Arriving at the crease with the hosts a floundering 32 for 3 in the 20th over of the innings, McCullum launched an immediate counterattack in the lead-up to lunch. On resumption he stepped things up further in the company of a similarly fearless Corey Anderson, and spanked Josh Hazlewood over wide mid-off to reach his century in a mere 54 balls - two fewer than Viv Richards in 1986 and Misbah-ul-Haq in 2014.

Most of Test cricket's fastest hundreds have been compiled in circumstances that heavily favoured batsman, whether it be the pitch or the match scenario. Not so this time, as McCullum and Anderson overcame the obstacles of a lively pitch, a dominant Australian attack and a day one scenario that would traditionally have called for dogged defence.

Cricinfo