Cricket......

E1A104

yeah Duminy is handy as a part time bowler. But he hasn't been used much lately. Although Faf seems to use him more than AB did. My point was just if he isn't going to be used as an extra bowler, then his batting doesn't warrant his place in the team. One 100 shouldn't cement any persons spot for the next 10 years. 

And if you don't drop Duminy, who else do you drop when AB comes back? I suspect either cook or elgar will get the chop with Amla opening again?

If the Aussies didn't fall into their own arses and batted through to the new ball just at least once in this series, that 5th bowler option would have been a necessity, not a luxury. Fortunately our quicks did the job after that  first Aussie partnership in the first test was broken, but you can't bank on that.

I'd take JP over Wayne Parnell any day of the week, who would probably be the next in line for that middle order all rounder slot.

Man, I miss Kallis... batting at 3 and coming on 1st change as well...

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Aussies didn't fall into their own arses and batted through to the new ball just at least once in this series, that 5th bowler option would have been a necessity, not a luxury. Fortunately our quicks did the job after that  first Aussie partnership in the first test was broken, but you can't bank on that.

I'd take JP over Wayne Parnell any day of the week, who would probably be the next in line for that middle order all rounder slot.

Jo jo jo, didn't know Parnell was still in the picture! If that's the case, then I agree with you, rather keep Duminy!

Kallis was a once in a lifetime player

I also watched that video over lunch time. That is just really stupid by faf. All I can think is he does not know the rules, because he doesn't even try to hide it. It really does put a black mark on the SA performance.

And 2nd time guilty for him if I'm not mistaken, so surely a ban of some sort is coming his way? 

Stupid stupid stupid

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Nothing sweeter than a bashing of the saggy greens down under.

#ProteaFire 

indeed!

if the pitch is the question, then it affects everyone equally, unless they just have better batting talents. It doesn't change the fact the bulk of his runs came in the distant past. There's no data manipulation to suit a particular perspective, and no need to suggest that's the case. A rather strange argument to use.

The point he's making is you can cherry pick data to support your argument. Donald Bradman averaged 4 at the end of his career.

Is Faf good enough to be in the test team as a batsmen only, I don't think anyone can say yes to that so just like everyone else he needs to keep performing. 

Next allrounder has to be Pretorious...he might even get a go in the next game.

I also watched that video over lunch time. That is just really stupid by faf. All I can think is he does not know the rules, because he doesn't even try to hide it. It really does put a black mark on the SA performance.

And 2nd time guilty for him if I'm not mistaken, so surely a ban of some sort is coming his way? 

Stupid stupid stupid

Passing judgement before ICC make a ruling/finding/decision. Do you know the rules on this?.......just asking................ :mellow:

Passing judgement before ICC make a ruling/finding/decision. Do you know the rules on this?.......just asking................ :mellow:

Dude, watch the video and read the articles. It's as obvious as daylight he rubs his finger on the gum and then smears it on the ball. Law 42.3 of the MCC's Laws of Cricket states that a fielder may polish a ball, "provided that no artificial substance is used". I guess they just have to decide whether gum/mint is artificial substance?

Dude, watch the video and read the articles. It's as obvious as daylight he rubs his finger on the gum and then smears it on the ball. Law 42.3 of the MCC's Laws of Cricket states that a fielder may polish a ball, "provided that no artificial substance is used". I guess they just have to decide whether gum/mint is artificial substance?

Thanks.....not able to open the article/video..............Tks Dude.............

indeed!

The point he's making is you can cherry pick data to support your argument. Donald Bradman averaged 4 at the end of his career.

Is Faf good enough to be in the test team as a batsmen only, I don't think anyone can say yes to that so just like everyone else he needs to keep performing.

Next allrounder has to be Pretorious...he might even get a go in the next game.

Or Morris. I quite like the kid.

I haven't watched the video, but im struggling to see what effect gum will have on a cricket ball? It doesnt have special oils in it. He basically rubbed spit on the ball. Like I said I did not see the video and if that is what he did its still not a smart move, but come on...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I haven't watched the video, but im struggling to see what effect gum will have on a cricket ball? It doesnt have special oils in it. He basically rubbed spit on the ball. Like I said I did not see the video and if that is what he did its still not a smart move, but come on...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

It's probably a case of the Aussies looking for a reason to get back at us and take the shine away from our win. 

BUT, Faf has been found guilty of ball tampering before. After the first test the Aussies already started asking questions about how we got the ball to swing so much more than them. And they said the cameramen will be watching the ball closely in the 2nd test. So to go and do anything that might be seen as ball tampering was really stupid. Whether it could have any affect on the ball or not