• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Faf has now officially been charged

He's denied any wrongdoing and is claiming 'not guilty'

The whole team made a statement, led by the Mighty #, standing behind Faf

4.40pm That ends the proceedings for the day. India effectively 298 for 3. Andrew Miller's report captures the full day. Expect England to start a fight for survival at some point in the middle session tomorrow. Thanks for joining us

India hold all the aces going into day four. They were made to work hard for their first wicket of the day, but they had gone so far ahead on day two that they could wait patiently. When they did get it - Bairstow bowled by a full Umesh Yadav delivery - they burst through the opening it left them to take a 200-run lead. Ashwin did all the bursting there. Anderson and Broad bowled spiritedly, but Kohli has played a little gem to make sure there is no anxiety in the Indian camp: 56 off 70 even as India reach only 98 for 3 in 34 overs

Cricinfo

Kohli's batting average went from 40ish to 60ish since assuming captaincy role

Kohli is an incredible batsman!

Two down for England

Cook succumbs in final over

Day 5 and Test victory should belong to the Indian spinning machine

The ICC has decided it will hold South Africa captain Faf du Plessis' hearing for a ball-tampering charge on November 22 at 1530 local time in Adelaide

On a side note - there are some in the Aussie press who blame their sides' slide on; guess what?  quota's! :eek:

Apparently Greg Chappell instituted an age quota into the 1st class Aussie competition. Teams were limited in the number of players over 25 that could be selected. ^_^

post-1830-0-73445800-1479804855_thumb.jpg

going back to the everybody does it case - here's some gems from the 2014 series in SA, where Warner got fined match fees for saying SA were cheating, when the baggy greens were doctoring the ball beeg time!

Johnson to du Plessis, no run, verbals fly as Faf wants to pick this up. Short, stays slow, hits the pad, the ball has rolled next to the stumps. Faf is picking it up, and there are three Aussies in his ear. Not his job to return the ball. And they are maintaining the ball for reverse. They don't want foreign hands on it. No appeal for handling the ball, though

Harris to Amla, OUT, Harris produces a beauty. And you needed the best to get rid of Amla. There is some late tail back in. Could this be reverse? I think it is. The scuffed-up side is not too scuffed-up, but there is a clear rough side and a shiny side to this. This one pitches on a length outside off, Amla plays the drive, but it moves back in late, and beats the inside edge to castle him. Top bowling Ryano

Faf du Plessis found guilty of ball-tampering - but will play third test

Telford Vice | 22 November, 2016 11:01

http://www.timeslive.co.za/incoming/2016/11/19/spfafa.jpg/ALTERNATES/crop_630x400/spFafa.jpg
Faf du Plessis, acting skipper of the Proteas.

Image by: Duif du Toit/Gallo Images/Getty Images

South African cricket captain Faf du Plessis has been cleared to play in the third test between South Africa and Australia in Adelaide on Thursday despite being found guilty of ball-tampering.

Du Plessis was found to have illegally changed the condition of the ball during the second test in Hobart.

He was fined 100% of his match fee and docked three demerit points - one short of what would have earned him a ban for Thursday's game.

The decision was taken by match referee Andy Pycroft after a hearing in Adelaide on Tuesday.