Cricket......

E1A104

South Africa Test squad: Faf du Plessis (capt), Kyle Abbott, Hashim Amla, Temba Bavuma, Stephen Cook, Theunis de Bruyn, Quinton de Kock, JP Duminy, Dean Elgar, Keshav Maharaj, Wayne Parnell, Vernon Philander, Kagiso Rabada. - For the first test against Sri Lanka. Can only presume that both De Bruyn and Parnell will be the players to miss out on the final XI come boxing day. Unless the unthinkable happens and # gets dropped in favour of De Bruyn which I think is unlikely.

Other than for Parnell's inclusion I think this is a decent squad.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope that Faf did not put his foot in it with appealing the ball tampering matter. He may still face a 1 match ban after the appeal which will put him out of contention for the first game against Sri Lanka.

Agreed. It would be a big leadership blow but not necessarily a batting one. Theunis De Bruyn being a part of the newly announced squad gives us adequate batting cover in that eventuality. If Faf does lose his appeal either one of Amla or Cook will take over the captaincy for that match. In all probability Cook imho.

That's gotta be some sort of record!

I think it's the highest percentage of runs contributed by a single player to a team's score. 94.6% if you devide it out.

Also that none of her team mates were able to assist in getting runs is, well simply put, a complete aberration.

Edit: correction of the %!

Edited by Mntboy

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/256200/256297.png

Saw that, she totally hogged the strike! two 50 run partnerships where the other batsmen faced 3, and 9 scoreless balls each!

Well it seems like Eng is going to go down to India again making it 4 zip

They wanna make Root the captain soon

Quite a snotklap

Someone scores a triple century against them too

They wanna make Root the captain soon

Quite a snotklap

Someone scores a triple century against them too

Making Root the captain might be a good call. Imho Cook is a better batsman without the worry of field placing et al. I think Root can handle the top job.

They took it to day 5

Deep into it

Wasn't really that close

But the Aussies were lekka bang

uh, at 439/8 it was getting close.

you see the reaction of  aussie players, they were on the brink of losing an unlosable and just imagine all the articles slating them that were three quarters written but now won't see light of day?!