Cricket......

E1A104

It is the sun though.... As reliable as a second hand condom...

Stokes feeling "devastated and fragile"... babelaas.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1 well and truely ours! Just a pity that Markram couldn't get a century on debut. You gotta feel that Faf will only want to bat once in this test.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Mehidy Hasan Miraz to Elgar, SIX, length ball, sliding in on off from outside off, Elgar defends off the back foot

How does one defend off back foot and still get a six?

so this game is heading towards no contest.

BUT it has given me time to see how the hell the Cobras did not lose last week?!

Cobras 159 All out

Knights reply with 623/4 at 4.4 an over with 4 centurions.

....match drawn? well Amla got 189, 2 more centuries for ontong and mgijima

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8877/scorecard/1119758/Knights-vs-Cape-Cobras-1st-Match-sunfoil-series/

the interesting thing with league cricket is there is no points for a draw. you might as well lose (i guess it promotes going for broke - but all 3 matches were drawn)

let's hope we don't get complacent in potch on what looks like a comfortable pitch. we need 20 wickets and will rely on more than scoreboard pressure to get them.

Dean Elgar must be kicking himself... Was that gonna be his first double? I believe so

Yes, it would've been. Highest score though for him.

Mighty Morkel wants an early shower and back massage

Target 424

The Tigers at 0/2 ????

Mighty Morkel wants an early shower and back massage

Target 424

The Tigers at 0/2 ????

Apparently rather fortunate that Mominul didn't review the decision against him much like Markram yesterday. Still reckon that despite the poor start the Tigers will make us work for the win. They really have become a decent team even away from home imho.

All done! SA wins with 333 runs. Lots of positives to take from this test and well done to the Tigers for taking the game into day 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All done! SA wins with 333 runs. Lots of positives to take from this test and well done to the Tigers for taking the game into day 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah a lot of positives for both sides but I actually feel a bit letdown by the Tigers. They are a lot better than 90 all out and I really was expecting them to play better than that during their second innings. Perhaps the price of the poor decision at the toss to bowl first. That was definitely a choice that put them behind the 8 ball far sooner than they should have been.

The positives for the Tigers:

A series of good partnerships by the batsmen for the first half of their first innings. Most of them displayed decent judgement and lots of positive intent during their innings.

Second highest score against SA as a collective and a new individual highest against SA by Mominul who played very well and with better application might've gotten a hundred.

Better more disciplined bowling performance in the SA second innings. Placed us under pressure until the Bavuma/Du Plessis partnership.

A generally more positive and competitive attitude in general.

They got scuppered a little by some poor choices, at the toss and selection wise. Taijul Islam should probably have played in the place of Hasan. More than likely the only change they'll make for Bloemfontein.

The positives for us abound but these I feel were the most apparent:

Two opening partnerships that got us going. Granted the second dig wasn't as successful as the first but there's enough there to see that Elgar & Markram should be afforded ample opportunity to build on this start.

The continued progression of both Maharaj and Bavuma. Maharaj isn't merely stopping an and keeping the runs down he is taking regular wickets and along with Morkel and Rabada forms a handy unit. Bavuma's solidity once again stood out and his pacing of his second dig allowed Faf to go bonkers knowing he could rely on his partner to keep his wicket and the innings tempo intact.

Rabada's ability to take wickets when we're missing a key senior bowler remains truly impressive.

Three black Africans in the team with differing strong suits. Phelakhwayo didn't get much opportunity during the test but got the wicket of Tamim Iqbal which indirectly lead to their first innings collapse.

A good start to Gibson's term as head coach.

Maharaja has been deceptively dangerous.

Rabadaaaaa looking sharp and feisty after a mixed England tour - he's still looks like he's Grade 10.

Good to see the Tigers doing relatively well on a pitch that is anything but home. The steep bounce has been a real test for the diminutive spin-trained batters.