Cricket......

E1A104

Bucketing in JHB. There may not be cricket today.

Could you send some to Cape Town? :whistling:

Is it still raining? If play can happen it'll be one helluva juicy pitch imho and the toss may prove crucial.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you send some to Cape Town? :whistling:

Is it still raining? If play can happen it'll be one helluva juicy pitch imho and the toss may prove crucial.

Still drizzling in Midrand (20kms from Wanderers) but the sky is a bit lighter so hopefully they will play. There was heavy rain overnight and this morning.

Still drizzling in Midrand (20kms from Wanderers) but the sky is a bit lighter so hopefully they will play. There was heavy rain overnight and this morning.

Ok. Holding thumbs for some play today.

Green mambaaaaaa

[emoji216]

Cricinfo reporting loads of lateral movement! Not going to be easy batting on this pitch.

India won the toss and are batting. Hopefully a good toss to lose!!

I think the Indians are in the pound seats having won the toss.

Maybe the deciding factor in the game on this surface?

Pujara 0 from 50 balls at some point

Kohli dropped by The Vern a few overs ago

India hanging in there

As far as dead rubbers go, this has been exciting hey

I want to know who the genius is that schedules test cricket in the Highveld in Jan. Lets see how many sessions are lost to the usual afternoon thunder storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

all cricket in the highveld is played in summer, and is affected by thnderstorms. they need to swap seasons with the lions ideally and play from feb to october

Ja nee

Very strange

Haven’t seen that before

Day 4 and 5 with the weekend crowds

well we could lose some cricket and get some decent game time then for the weekend.

all cricket in the highveld is played in summer, and is affected by thnderstorms. they need to swap seasons with the lions ideally and play from feb to october

well we could lose some cricket and get some decent game time then for the weekend.

They could have swopped the Wanderers Test with the Aus test at St Georges in March and given Bloem a game against Aus as well. I also don’t think its fair for both Cape Town and Wanderers to get 2 tests each and other big grounds missing out.

They could have swopped the Wanderers Test with the Aus test at St Georges in March and given Bloem a game against Aus as well. I also don’t think its fair for both Cape Town and Wanderers to get 2 tests each and other big grounds missing out.

Agreed  :thumbup:

Obviously crowd attendance is a big factor

you gotta be kidding me!!!

the other grounds miss out because they are always empty!

you gotta be kidding me!!!

the other grounds miss out because they are always empty!

St Georges, Buffalo Park and Bloem have historically drawn good test crowds. The Wanderers is by no means looking like the MCG on Boxing Day today... probably because its a dead rubber and mid-week. It would be interesting to see the % attendance per day on all our test venues since readmission. It is often not the number of people, but how close to capacity the venues get that creates the atmosphere. Hearing the band play all day in PE is something special (although I sometimes mute my TV due to their limited repertoire [emoji6]).