Cricket......

E1A104

So here's what I don't get. So if Punter is a real deal legend, then why does JK get so much stick?

RP: Ave 52.54, Runs 13346, 41 hundreds.

JK: Ave 57.3, Runs 12837, 44 hundreds

These are pure batting stats, and excludes the 280 wickets that JK has taken!

Not picking on you, just that your post brought this to mind.

As Benjamin said...REAL LEGEND. We will only appreciate him when he's gone.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's what I don't get. So if Punter is a real deal legend, then why does JK get so much stick?

RP: Ave 52.54, Runs 13346, 41 hundreds.

JK: Ave 57.3, Runs 12837, 44 hundreds

These are pure batting stats, and excludes the 280 wickets that JK has taken!

Not picking on you, just that your post brought this to mind.

As Benjamin said...REAL LEGEND. We will only appreciate him when he's gone.

Consider the last 2 to 3 years.

No one has really been criticizing JK. He has been performing really well. There has been a couple of double centuries and his scoring rate has gone up.

RP on the other hand has been getting a lot more stick, first removed as captain and secondly he has been underperforming with the bat.

The wheel turns

Consider the last 2 to 3 years.

No one has really been criticizing JK. He has been performing really well. There has been a couple of double centuries and his scoring rate has gone up.

RP on the other hand has been getting a lot more stick, first removed as captain and secondly he has been underperforming with the bat.

The wheel turns

I think it's very tough deciding when to call it a day, especially when the selectors seem to scared to give you the bad news. Bouch got it perfectly, but then got injured bizarrely before the first test. Ponting is probably well past his best, BUT it's not like there is someone bashing down the door to come in. I think he's just trying to stretch it to the next Ashes.

Hope JK gets it right, but since he's actually two players he can perform at 75% and still be in the team.

Sachin is one who really needs to face up and pack it in!

There is a time to come and a time to go.

As old legends depart, new legends will arise. It will be interesting to see, who that will be.

Sheesh, one helluva morning session. Don't know how we're going to dig out of this. Faf looks the part and has to take rudolph's place one would think.

Not much sympathy for jakes with the bouncers, the silly no runner rule probably cost us 30 runs already

Well done Rory!! Dunno about yoos but the body language in our team dont look good to me. And for varksteaks how can a spin bowler bowl no balls! Would be shocking at primary school level never mind international level. Woo Hoo and Dale bowls Ponting right now.

Edited by THE BLOODY AGENT

someone needs to tell Tahir to flight the ball more: too fast, too flat, too direct, too much boundaryworthyness. I hope they stick with him and work it out instead of sacking the guy. Shane Warne too sucked serious ballsack in his first three years in test cricket. We dont have another leg spinner at his level: even diamonds need cutting.

someone needs to tell Tahir to flight the ball more: too fast, too flat, too direct, too much boundaryworthyness. I hope they stick with him and work it out instead of sacking the guy. Shane Warne too sucked serious ballsack in his first three years in test cricket. We dont have another leg spinner at his level: even diamonds need cutting.

The oke has 600 firstclass wickets, he should be the finished product! Heard on the radio that the spin consultant at CSA is NICKY BOJE, come on man what could he tell tahir?!

Agree with Faf replacing JR but if Kallis is injured I ink JR will stay

yip, assuming JK is out for next test(back to back) but Steyn and Philanderer have no issues.

Biff

Alviro

Hashtag

AB

Rudolph

Faf

Thami/Kleinveldt

Steyn

Philanderer

Morne

Tahir

It's an early warning to life beyond King Kallis, going to be bleak times. I don't think they'll put Thami in as we'd only have four frontline bowlers and it seems we need to bank on one having a *** game. I also don't think they're going to throw Elgar in as a batsmen as we're probably going to need to get 20 wickets to win the final one and not look to draw. Long term AB must be in the field, it just doesn't make sense as the runs from AB(wk) + Rudolph will probably equal AB(cover point) + Thami.

Well done Rory!! Dunno about yoos but the body language in our team dont look good to me. And for varksteaks how can a spin bowler bowl no balls! Would be shocking at primary school level never mind international level. Woo Hoo and Dale bowls Ponting right now.

Yip, there was a real bravado and confidence in England. We seem to be better as underdogs and can't hold the dominating pose as #1 ranked team....false dawn of a new era? For me Dale Steyn has been the biggest disappointment, he's hardly looked like #1 test bowler.

Edited by The Dictator

question is: what can nicky B say about leg spin to Tahir? The problem with Tahir as I see it, is he does not apply guile. You can't bowl expecting a wicket every ball, not against top class opposition. If it happens: great, but the reality, oft times you have to suss them out. Nicky B wasn't known for guile either. But Tahir as an understudy to the great Abdul Qadir should seriously know better. True, that AQ did bowl a lot quicker than warne, but he had lots of guile. But I guess, that craft bit of leg spin bowling comes with experience, hence my hope they stick with him.

Clarke bowls 6th over. With only two seamers going to be lots of part timers. Wonder if our guys might try bat aggressively

The oke has 600 firstclass wickets, he should be the finished product! Heard on the radio that the spin consultant at CSA is NICKY BOJE, come on man what could he tell tahir?!

yip, assuming JK is out for next test(back to back) but Steyn and Philanderer have no issues.

Biff

Alviro

Hashtag

AB

Rudolph

Faf

Thami/Kleinveldt

Steyn

Philanderer

Morne

Tahir

It's an early warning to life beyond King Kallis, going to be bleak times. I don't think they'll put Thami in as we'd only have four frontline bowlers and it seems we need to bank on one having a *** game. I also don't think they're going to throw Elgar in as a batsmen as we're probably going to need to get 20 wickets to win the final one and not look to draw. Long term AB must be in the field, it just doesn't make sense as the runs from AB(wk) + Rudolph will probably equal AB(cover point) + Thami.

Yip, there was a real bravado and confidence in England. We seem to be better as underdogs and can't hold the dominating pose as #1 ranked team....false dawn of a new era? For me Dale Steyn has been the biggest disappointment, he's hardly looked like #1 test bowler.

With JK out, I'll put money on them playing Robbie P. And can I sub Thami for Vilas?