Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect Aus to come out guns blazing tomorrow morning to score as many runs as they can in the shortest possible time. Perhaps declare with 10 overs before tea at us. That should give them about 700 to 750 at the rate they were going today. That would leave us chasing 500 to 550 to avoid the follow on. The focus should be to avoid the follow on and to take our time in doing so. If we can get to end of day 3 or even lunch on day 4 having avoided the follow on we may just be in a position to draw this one.

At this stage there seems to be only 1 likely winner of this match. Quite amazing after only 1 day's cricket. Lets see how deep SA can bat into this match.

Nice work lads.... and I'm referring to your bowlers rather than our batters. ;)

On be behalf of all 'stray'uns I thank you for restoring the confidence and belief in our young guns and old creakers in the past 2 games. Leading into some serious tests with back to back Ashes this is great practice for the team.

I see Jakes wont bowl for the rest of this game. Should bat ok though. Has a grade 1 hamstring strain apparently. So it's Morne and Dale . Only need 15 more sticks though..

I expect Aus to come out guns blazing tomorrow morning to score as many runs as they can in the shortest possible time. Perhaps declare with 10 overs before tea at us. That should give them about 700 to 750 at the rate they were going today. That would leave us chasing 500 to 550 to avoid the follow on. The focus should be to avoid the follow on and to take our time in doing so. If we can get to end of day 3 or even lunch on day 4 having avoided the follow on we may just be in a position to draw this one.

At this stage there seems to be only 1 likely winner of this match. Quite amazing after only 1 day's cricket. Lets see how deep SA can bat into this match.

First day of the Oval test and Eng were 267/3. There was talk of our much vaunted attack being not what they were made out to be. We dominated from then on.

Of course this is a little different after a massive day1, and we did require an Amla triple century to get into the position of dominance. I think your thinking is correct. I feel our guys have maybe got a bit windgat with their bowling, and clearly have not done the basics right with the ball.

I can only see us winning this with an aggressive sporting declaration in the aus second innings, assuming time is getting short. this is only possible if we bat really well, and long.

Champions are made when facing adversity.

Come on boys. Pull through this one!

Phew, Mikey...

Let's see whether they're champions.

Would not want those Aussies take Nr1 spot.

Phew, Mikey...

Let's see whether they're champions.

Would not want those Aussies take Nr1 spot.

The way the Aussies have been playing, they sure look like Nr 1. If we are able to keep them at bay for the remainder of this match, then we deserve to stay Nr 1.

The way the Aussies have been playing, they sure look like Nr 1. If we are able to keep them at bay for the remainder of this match, then we deserve to stay Nr 1.

It's not over yet; still a lot of cricket to be played...

Let's see.

The trouble is our reduced bowling options. :-/

It's not over yet; still a lot of cricket to be played...

Let's see.

The trouble is our reduced bowling options. :-/

totally! So far we have dominated day 2. Clearly the boys had their pronutro. Long way to go.

Guys are looking good. Fat Graeme just got his 50. Well done to NBM (No Ball Morkel) getting 5 against Aus is damn well done. I would really enjoy Fat Graeme and Alviro each getting a century.

On another point .... I really dont think Tahir is made for this level of the game. Looked like a total palooka. We have better bowlers sitting back here in SA. why we need this import I cannot understand.

Guys are looking good. Fat Graeme just got his 50. Well done to NBM (No Ball Morkel) getting 5 against Aus is damn well done. I would really enjoy Fat Graeme and Alviro each getting a century.

On another point .... I really dont think Tahir is made for this level of the game. Looked like a total palooka. We have better bowlers sitting back here in SA. why we need this import I cannot understand.

tahir should do quite well in second innings. He hasn't delivered on promise shown but could still come right

Yeah, fresh doubts over Tahir.

Then again, it wasn't a wicket suitable to spin and it was only Day 1.

Great Test match between two brave sides.