E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 3 Day 2 Round up

Dolphins v Cobras

The Dolphins ended their first innings on 389/8d with Zondo scoring a 105 and de Swardt contributing 44. Corbin Bosch took 2/64 in 24.3 overs. At stumps the Cobras are 71/1 with Pieter Malan 33 and Hamza 22 still at the crease.

Full Scorecard of Dolphins vs Cape Cobras Cross Pool 2020 - Score Report | ESPNcricinfo.com

Knights v Lions

The Knights ended their first innings on 300 with Migael Pretorius scoring 79. Magala took 6/60 in 16.1 overs. The Lions could only muster 202 in reply with Rupalana top scoring with 44. Pretorius took 4/40 (15), Budaza 2/56 (12) and Coetzee 2/36 (14). Stumps saw the Knights on a 111/1 with Vandiar 53 and Van Tonder 39 the not out batsmen. Knights once again in a good position to push for a big win.

Full Scorecard of Knights vs Lions Pool B 2020 - Score Report | ESPNcricinfo.com

Titans v Warriors

The Titans got to 320 all out this morning thanks to small contributions from their bowlers. The Warriors have put in an excellent batting display so far and were 319/6 at stumps. Breetzke 53, Vallie 80, Ngoepe 52 and Qeshile 67 not out all making contributions to the total. This game could turn into an exciting match!

Full Scorecard of Titans vs Warriors Pool A 2020 - Score Report | ESPNcricinfo.com

Will post links to scoreboards later on for those who might be interested in seeing them. 

Edit: Posted links to the scorecards. Also I forgot to mention that Thando Ntini is making his debut for the Titans and made 19 with the bat and has taken a wicket. Will be keeping an eye on his performances.

Edited by Mntboy

Round 3 Day 3 Round up and match predictions

Dolphins v Cobras

The Cobras managed to cobble together 312 all out mostly thanks to regular small contributions from most of the team. The only batsman to go past fifty was de Zorzi who was dismissed for 58. Hamza made 46 with Bosch next highest with 38. Muthusamy took 4/58 (18) and Ntanzi took 3/51 (16). The Dolphins were 55/0 at stumps with Erwee on 29 and Muthusamy on 21. Hoping the Cobras can sneak another draw but I think a Dolphins win is more realistic.

Knights v Lions

A collapse of note engineered by Potgieter {4/41 (13)} and Mulder {3/48 (13)} saw the Knights end up with 235 all out. Vandiar (68), Van Tonder (47) and Gous (32) the only batsmen to make significant contributions. The Lions were a 166/0 at stumps with Richards (82) and Dominic Hendricks (80) unbeaten and requiring a further 168 to win the match. This match could still go either way but for now I think the Lions are strong favourites to win.

Titans v Warriors

The Warriors got themselves to 392 all out mostly on the back of Qeshile's 97 while Jansen (24) gave good support. Cele with 4/88 in 19.2 overs was the main threat with support from Williams {2/98 (17.3)} and Ntini {2/75 (18)}. The Titans were 265/7 at stumps with Markram (121) and Moonsamy (43) the only scores of note. Jansen {3/48 (15)} and Ngoepe {3/25 (8)} the pick of the bowlers. I reckon the Titans will try and go for a draw seeing as they seem to be a bowler short. Warriors however will fancy their chances to get a win under their belt and would boost their confidence a great deal.

I think I'll let Firdose Moonda talk us through this week's matches.

https://es.pn/3q6b53Z

Personally I think the Dolphins should've declared sooner and given themselves more time to bowl the Cobras out.

Good wins for both the Lions and the Warriors. Pleased for both teams!

Proteas looking good halfway through the English run-chase.

England are 75/3 after 10 overs, trying to get to 180 in the first T20

We could be in for a tight finish! Bairstow and Stokes looking very set!

We could be in for a tight finish! Bairstow and Stokes looking very set!

Yes, the two of them have done well. They are well poised to take this into the last over.

Yes, the two of them have done well. They are well poised to take this into the last over.

And then Shamsi gets Stokes. Morgan out to join Bairstow. It's going to be an interesting, if not entertaining final five overs!

28 off the over...

Where is my Facepalm emoji now. :(

Hendriks really blew the game in that over.

That wasn't a great over for sure but you gotta applaud YJB for being able to take advantage of it. Two overs 18 runs left.

What a display of T20 batting by YJB, helping England win this one by 5 wickets. That nightmare over by Beuran Hendricks didn't help our cause but I still feel that this was an overwhelmingly positive performance from the Proteas. Linde had a solid debut (12, 2/20) and all our senior batsmen made runs. Would've loved to see more runs from both Du Plessis and QdK but can't really complain to much about that. 

Let's hope Hendricks is out for this afternoon's game. 26 runs in one over is shocking. His bowling is far too predictable. 

Wasn't it 28?

Shame I actually feel for the guy because he is really a class performer on the local circuit but has consistently struggled to make that step up.

Wasn't it 28?

Shame I actually feel for the guy because he is really a class performer on the local circuit but has consistently struggled to make that step up.

Yes it was 28. Six of which came from two wides as he lost his radar a bit. I think him being blamed solely for the loss is a bit harsh. The Klaasen over didn't help things either and neither did the fact that Shamsi was a little off colour as well.

What confused me more about the team selection was having Van Biljon in the team. Really puzzled by his inclusion. We would've been better off if Nortje had played in his stead - even Nortje can manage 7 off of 6 deliveries.

Our main issue is that we haven't really identified our ideal T20I squad and playing XI and until we have we'll probably lose more than we win which sucks but hopefully that'll change once we have that squad has been identified.