Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think this is definitely the most valuable contribution I've made to this team. I'm just really honoured to be here today. No.5 is a new role for me. A lot more freedom with the field out. I really enjoyed it. It was slower and lower than we expected but we were able to adapt...”

Laura Wolfaardt, after playing a match winning innings to help get the Proteas Women into the semi-finals. ????

Nice debut for Verreynne, hope he can be a permanent feature in the side.

Serious cricketer is Kyle.. Gun batsman and proper proper wk too, with him in the ring and QdK behind the stumps, It's always going to be good to watch, aswell as with Klaasen in the ring too.

"I think this is definitely the most valuable contribution I've made to this team. I'm just really honoured to be here today. No.5 is a new role for me. A lot more freedom with the field out. I really enjoyed it. It was slower and lower than we expected but we were able to adapt...”

Laura Wolfaardt, after playing a match winning innings to help get the Proteas Women into the semi-finals.

Takes a strong minded player to not worry about hitting boundaries, even though the field is out which means it's easier to score at a run a ball. Not something you'll often hear as many players believe boundaries ease the pressure, whereas 6 or 8 in an over from good running is just as valuable.

Must be down to the team psychologist. I wonder who that may be...

Aiden Markram surely . I understand he’s fit again

Or Temba open and bring Hamza back , he’s top of the run charts in the one day cup

Aiden and Reeza both got hundreds today. Suddenly there seems a few solid options . Dean Elgar never going let us down either

Laura Wolfaardt, after playing a match winning innings to help get the Proteas Women into the semi-finals.

Watched the full hour highlights of the game vs pakistan.

To be completely objective, the womens' game still has a way to go to be anything like the spectacle the mens' is. If Sa weren't winning i probably would have flicked onto something else, but I wanted to give it a go. I know they are coming in from relatively nowhere, and have a huge gap to make up. They just don't have the systems and playing population in place, and ICC would really need to fund this for a good while into the future. unfortunately that probably means that the Big3 need to take it seriosuly and throw money or it stutters along.

Wow, so new zealand took both tests off the indians!

what does this mean for the World Test championship?

the league culminates in a once off final for the top 2 teams in June 2021

the permuations of who is in the hotseat are wideranging.

Firstly india seemed to be miles ahead and out of sight, being unbeaten before this. they actually only have 2 more series to play - against Eng(home) and australia(away)

proteas are nowhere..or are they?

they still have windies/pakistan (away) and aus/SL (home) and play 3 of the last 4 series that are counted.

this could get a bit exciting, as all results count. you might get something like an aus tour in bangladesh or eng in slanka changing it for everyone!

Confirmed: Game off

and with that, we top the group and take on Aus on thursday 10am.

Rather Aus than India who seem to be in very good form. That said the Aussie ladies do have some serious gun players and this will an incredibly though game to win. However I do think that we have a potential chance to be able to spring a surprise win.

Good Start to the 2nd ODI.

Aus 103/3 after 18.

Ngidi with all 3 sticks including 'Laboo Shane" for 1st ball.

3 drop catches already though.

Edited by FootballingCyclist

Good Start to the 2nd ODI.

Aus 103/3 after 18.

Ngidi with all 3 sticks including 'Laboo Shane" for 1st ball.

3 drop catches already though.

totally fine with him being called laboo shane. but not by our commentators when he's on our soil.

apparnetly 20 of his extended family came to watch him play at paarl!

totally fine with him being called laboo shane. but not by our commentators when he's on our soil.

The lad is a proper talented cricketer and I loved seeing him score bucket loads vs the Poms in the Ashes, But he has developed a serious case of arrogance. Super happy seeing him get a 1st baller today, the Aus coaching staff wont be happy with that shot he played, regardless of his confidence and form he brought into this series.

Nortje has been really good for us of late. I enjoy watching him bowl, He is the only "Aussie type" bowler we have, at you, in your face, at your body with some proper wheels, always making you feel like you're in with a chance. He seems to be the only bowler who adds doubt to the batsman and who batsman seem too afraid to go after as the guy they need to score at 10 an over against.

Yeeah, sticks in your ears a bit when our guys say it. However , surely one has the right to request that your name be pronounced how you would like. I wonder how he introduces himself ?

What a win!

Who knew we can win despite QdK going for a duck?

Totally different team compared to the England games.