Cricket......

E1A104

But we successfully hosted SL and the Pakistan Woman's team? And the Momentum One Day Cup has also not produced any positive results? And the English getting (false) positives after breaching covid protocols is not really our fault is it? And then the poms jet home just to jet over to Australia for some BBL action, kind of sums up where their priorities lie. Im sorry Im going to have to disagree with you on that one, respectfully of course. I dont believe for one moment that a similar decision would have been made if the tour was schedule for India. Are we also saying that our covid response is worse than India's, because the poms are readying for that series and that's with positive results in the camp since they landed in SL. noooooooooooo china.... i cant agree on that one.

Sorry Bertus, I get a bit p'd off with the Aussies/Indians/English doing as they please, Im not agitated with you, Im agitated by the situation. Please dont interpret my passionate response as an attack on you. 

Malan brothers have played for SA, and faired well if memory serves. But yes, you elude to the truth...

Let's be fair. COVID is a real thing and Australia has handled the entire pandemic better than most other countries. I would also not be keen on touring to South Africa at this point in time. We should have accepted their offer to go there instead, but we didn't.

As for your last question, you know the real reason.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ja I was just wondering why they seem to have been forgotten after having had stints in the national side and had relative good returns. also watching them bat together the other day and putting up 160 odd opening stand, I was reminded at how easy they make it look.

The Elgar thing, he is slightly too old in my view at 33, lets say he has another 3/4 years to offer. At 31 Rassie has maybe 5/6 years to offer, so thats kind of why Im leaning that way. But it will be interesting to see who they come up with. I also like Elgar for his tenacity. But I also kind of want to see some new blood, he had a shot. I think we need new blood... (jasss I know the pickings are slim..)

Aussies are yellowbellied cowards, that's all I'm saying about that.

None too sure about Rassie being captain. Elgar would be a better bet.

Pieter Malan 374 (10 innings) runs at 37,4 with a best of 125 and Janneman Malan has a 132 (6 innings) runs at 22 with a best of 65. That's their figures for this season so far in the 4 Day Franchise series. So not exactly kicking the door down.

Edited by gemmerbal

Snip...

I get a bit p'd off with the Aussies/Indians/English doing as they please

snip...

Yeah I feel you dude...

that sandpaper brigade is definitely my least fav out of the big3

Snip...

The Elgar thing, he is slightly too old in my view at 33, lets say he has another 3/4 years to offer. At 31 Rassie has maybe 5/6 years to offer, so thats kind of why Im leaning that way. But it will be interesting to see who they come up with. I also like Elgar for his tenacity. But I also kind of want to see some new blood, he had a shot. I think we need new blood... (jasss I know the pickings are slim..)

I too am backing Elgar (he is a senior, he is cool as a blerry cucumber and he grits) to take the role for the next 18-24 months and then praying someone puts their hand up in that time (if we even see much cricket) to take the team forward.

yoh where the next Biff at?  :blink:

The boys aren’t looking too bad today. I completely wrote them off after I saw the chase on hand. Rassie and Aiden not doing too bad.

Yep, I hate watching test cricket when we bat because most of the times it is the fall of wickets that bring excitement.

I'll keep an eye on the score tomorrow and then tune in if we get halfway with only another two wickets down. But I fear it will be too big an ask on a day 5 pitch.

But we can hope. :)

Debutant Kyle Mayers scored a magnificent 210 not out as West Indies pulled off the fifth-highest successful chase in Test cricket against Bangladesh

amazing, and the pacing of the chase as well!

Yep, I hate watching test cricket when we bat because most of the times it is the fall of wickets that bring excitement.

I'll keep an eye on the score tomorrow and then tune in if we get halfway with only another two wickets down. But I fear it will be too big an ask on a day 5 pitch.

those 2 wickets went quickly, but we're holding on here. For all his disappointing records, Temba revels when we have backs to the wall. Just 180 to win now, which is what pakistan did with their lower order yesterday

Yasir Shah to Markram, SIX runs

Dances down and lofts that with the turn, over long-off for six! He came down nicely, got to the pitch of the ball and lofted that with a wonderful straight bat and follow through to middle it

google have a matchtracker type thing, with win probability. currently pak 47%/draw5%'SA48%....so we're ahead!!

Edited by Shebeen

I was hoping Faf would stand for at least 30, but we are still very much in this match. If Markram can stand for 120-130 he has enough batsmen around him to complete the chase. Themba also just holding steady which is exactly what we need. QdK will have to come out and blast a quick 30-40 to up the pace.

Edited by l4y3rcake

Feeling much more comfortable to tune in some time soon.

Only 170 needed, 70 over remaining.

If we can make it through the new ball without too many wickets falling we may be in with a shout. Hoping Markram can stick around for the W.

Edited by Vetplant

amazing, and the pacing of the chase as well!

those 2 wickets went quickly, but we're holding on here. For all his disappointing records, Temba revels when we have backs to the wall. Just 180 to win now, which is what pakistan did with their lower order yesterday

Yasir Shah to Markram, SIX runs

Dances down and lofts that with the turn, over long-off for six! He came down nicely, got to the pitch of the ball and lofted that with a wonderful straight bat and follow through to middle it

google have a matchtracker type thing, with win probability. currently pak 47%/draw5%'SA48%....so we're ahead!!

I digged the way the rest of the Windies batters batted around Mayer. We need to copy that with Markram or Bavuma. However the partnership is looking good and we need them to take it as deep as they can. If they can pull that off it'll be easier for QdK, Wiaan and George to get us across the line for the W. I am cautiously optimistic about the possibility of us winning this one!

Feeling much more comfortable to tune in some time soon.

Only 170 needed, 70 over remaining.

If we can make it through the new ball without too many wickets falling we may be in with a shout. Hoping Markram can stick around for the W.

151 needed with 7 in hand at lunch. I am hoping that Markram and Bavuma will be able to keep going and get us the W or allow the lower order to finish things off!

151 needed with 7 in hand at lunch. I am hoping that Markram and Bavuma will be able to keep going and get us the W or allow the lower order to finish things off!

This should already be over. Chasing 200-250 was on the cards. We had them at 76/5,7/146 - should never have allowed that 2nd innings to get to 298. some of that dropped catches and a brilliant knock by Rizwaan. 

BUT, if they can keep heads down this is achievable. 2 quick wickets and we have Qdk, Mulder and an injured linde and then not much else. 

SO, my call (assuming that Pakistan don't doctor the ball with muti during lunch) is for Temba to see it through. https://callingthroughthefog.wordpress.com/2017/08/03/temba-bavuma-a-rock-in-a-hard-place/?fbclid=IwAR3Casifv3cH7jjdG-eGaxMcQS0LUfZ3WoDq6Iy90Zr9xT7FLwMHiEZueLE

Edited by Shebeen