Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pakistan cruising currently at 113/4 after 13 overs.

This bowling line up would struggle to take wickets in the 1A let alone in Pakistan..  Only Dala can bowl over 140, the rest Medium pacers, even Sipamla is low 130s and our spin attack is not really gonna make any sub-continental team a little bit scared. DEF 1 of the weakest Proteas teams I have ever seen.

Disastrous bowling attack picked for the T20’s. I understand they are trying to blood some youngsters but you don’t dismiss your whole bowling attack.

So you play Dala as a seamer, but then Proceed to open the bowling with Pretorius who is lucky if he bowls him 125km/h with a gail force wind at his back and even get Snyman bowling an over before you choose to bowl Dala as 4th change, What a shambles, I laughed so hard..

So you play Dala as a seamer, but then Proceed to open the bowling with Pretorius who is lucky if he bowls him 125km/h with a gail force wind at his back and even get Snyman bowling an over before you choose to bowl Dala as 4th change, What a shambles, I laughed so hard..

Don’t think Pretorius did to bad of a job though. Even without the pace he is a pretty good death bowler, but we needed a strike bowler in the first 5. I probably would have opened with Shamzi and Dala.

am i the only guy here without an espnricinfo.com profile?

One of the most used apps on my phone in the summertime. ????

Don’t think Pretorius did to bad of a job though. Even without the pace he is a pretty good death bowler, but we needed a strike bowler in the first 5. I probably would have opened with Shamzi and Dala.

Death bowler yes, New ball bowler NO...

You don't play a fast bowler and bowl him 4th change after the batsman have already got used to the wicket. Pretorius' "pace" is hardly even going to pin tailenders back in their crease early on. You bowl the fast bowler to leave the batsman guessing and then the spinner to force him to try score off the latter and see off the former, But seeing Pretorius with the new nut, Pakistani's must've been licking their lips. Bowling a spinner plus Pretorius is basically giving the batsman the chance to get himself in and get used to the surface and pace of the wicket. We can just count ourselves lucky that Babar was out early doors..

Edited by FootballingCyclist

Death bowler yes, New ball bowler NO...

You don't play a fast bowler and bowl him 4th change after the batsman have already got used to the wicket. Pretorius' "pace" is hardly even going to pin tailenders back in their crease early on. You bowl the fast bowler to leave the batsman guessing and then the spinner to force him to try score off the latter and see off the former, But seeing Pretorius with the new nut, Pakistani's must've been licking their lips. Bowling a spinner plus Pretorius is basically giving the batsman the chance to get himself in and get used to the surface and pace of the wicket. We can just count ourselves lucky that Babar was out early doors..

100% agreed. We need wickets in the first 5. Talking pace I think Pehlakwayo did the best job of the “pace” bowlers and he was pacing at below 130. Maybe the pitch suited 130 minus in the pace division. Malan is killing the pace right now.

And Usman Qadir strikes again! First Malan and now Snyman. Hopefully Miller can inject some much needed clear headed well paced batting into this chase!

Sjrn: "Just noticed, Malan has a very romantic first name, if read in HIndi. JanneMan, essentially meaning My sweetheart!" Well, in that case it would have to be spelled Jaaneman instead of Janneman. Subtle but significant difference! - Saw this on Cricinfo. I wonder if anyone's told Janneman about this!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

And there goes Miller! Hopefully Klaasen will be a bit better with this mik & moer stuff.

If we had Rabada, Pretorius, Shamzi, Pehlakwayo and Sipamla/Dala then we might have had a chance. The bowling attack was weak and without experience. Maybe chuck in a Morris for good luck, dropping Snyman and you had a scorcher.

If we had Rabada, Pretorius, Shamzi, Pehlakwayo and Sipamla/Dala then we might have had a chance. The bowling attack was weak and without experience. Maybe chuck in a Morris for good luck, dropping Snyman and you had a scorcher.

And yet we were relatively competitive today despite the weakened bowling unit. Like someone else said we got very fortunate to run out Babar early on so we weren't chasing a much bigger score. A pity that more of our first choice squad couldn't stay after the fiasco that is or was the Australia test tour.

This comment did not age well

!

Edited by Shebeen