Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our top order let us down today.

Lekker to see Miller pull a Miller and get us to a respectable total.

Our bowlers did okay (considering the little fire power we actually have) and we were decent in the field too however that was a low total on that track and defending was always going to be hard.

Decent showing but still not good enough.

Sooo...a bit of a break before Pakistan comes here!?

Our top order let us down today.

Lekker to see Miller pull a Miller and get us to a respectable total.

Our bowlers did okay (considering the little fire power we actually have) and we were decent in the field too however that was a low total on that track and defending was always going to be hard.

Decent showing but still not good enough.

Sooo...a bit of a break before Pakistan comes here!?

Given the weakened nature of this squad and it's relative success it's actually been a pleasure to follow what was happening on the field. Still plenty to work on but there are glimpses that our depth might be stronger than suspected.

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/116270/faf-du-plessis-retires-from-test-cricket-south-africa-cricbuzzcom

What comes to mind when I think about Faf is that amazing resolve in Aus when the odds were heavily stacked against them, 110 off 376.

And the fact that he went about his job in 'n workhorse manner, with much less fanfare than the other cricketer from Affies.

Respect Faf.

I was never his biggest fan, however wont take anything away from his innings at Test level. He was a proper servant for his country fighting a few solo battles. 

Good time to bow out...

Enjoy retirement on your new Titan Racing bike  :thumbup:

I believe if he had got his 200 against Sri Lanka in the boxing Day test, He would've most likely called an end to his career at the end of 2020. Obviously then he didn't and scoring big in Pakistan was always going to be a tough ask but i think he back himself for the home series vs the Aussies which obviously is no longer happening.

Faf was a typical example of you don't need the text book technique and grip to be successful (he still has the worst grip for me LOL), But he was a great servant to SA test cricket and a very cool oke off the field too.

I believe if he had got his 200 against Sri Lanka in the boxing Day test, He would've most likely called an end to his career at the end of 2020. Obviously then he didn't and scoring big in Pakistan was always going to be a tough ask but i think he back himself for the home series vs the Aussies which obviously is no longer happening.

Faf was a typical example of you don't need the text book technique and grip to be successful (he still has the worst grip for me LOL), But he was a great servant to SA test cricket and a very cool oke off the field too.

Who knows, touring Pakistan and home series in aus would have both been motivating.

With no other test cricket happening anytime soon for Proteas, they can sort some long term stuff out. Good for Faf for stepping back early.

Good for Faf for stepping back early.

So are you also thinking he jumped before he could be pushed? Cause that's what I'm thinking. Or is it a case of him leaving before he tarnished his own reputation with an unnecessarily long run of poor form? Either way the wording gives me the impression that this was a decision that was being discussed for some time before he made it.

That said Faf was a wonderful player and a fantastic captain. His presence in the team will be missed.

A big blow for the beleaguered Proteas side.

Experience and steadfast seniority cannot be bought or replaced. This team is now so young and relatively inexperienced, facing a long winter as well with not much on the itinerary.

Who’ll be the next skipper?

How to beef up the middle order with Faf out?

What about the ongoing drama at administrative level, latest being a formal complaint to the ICC with regard to CA’s cancellation of their tour to SA?

Edited by 'Dale

What about the ongoing drama at administrative level, latest being a formal complaint to the ICC with regard to CA’s cancellation of their tour to SA?

This is the biggest concern at the moment. CSA now have enough time to sort their **** out before the Proteas embark on any other test series.

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/116270/faf-du-plessis-retires-from-test-cricket-south-africa-cricbuzzcom

What comes to mind when I think about Faf is that amazing resolve in Aus when the odds were heavily stacked against them, 110 off 376.

And the fact that he went about his job in 'n workhorse manner, with much less fanfare than the other cricketer from Affies.

Respect Faf.

Jacques Rudolph? Kruger van Wyk? Neil Wagner? Heino Kuhn? Whoever could you be referring to? ???? Edited by Craai