Training distances

GIRR

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im a "full time" cyclest and ride for the Hi-Q team next year the toyota team and i put in on average 17-20h for the next mth or so i will be going to to 27-30H a week if not more. but i know people who race with the elites on 12h so its v possible. best thing to do is get a persional trainer and they can tell you what to do. smiley1.gif

once again it about quality and not time/distance. say you average 30KPH so just times the hours by 30 or what ever average you ride. smiley1.gif

So i think I ride about 185.356 average KM a week

And how long does it take you - All week I bet he he Wink

• 3 weeks later...

base - 30ish hours a week, so anything up to 1000 Km, on a very good week.

Power + general training - bout 40 - 80 km a day. so bout 400 a week

Runners advice: Train as little as possible to achieve your objectives. So if 4hrs keeps you in the licenced bunch then do only 3 hrs.

Second runners advice: Base without intervals, tempos and hills is over rated.

Hi Hubbers thanx for the replys

I'm going to get a coach to help me further especially in terms of quality of my training.  I've been finding when I do a base ride of around 150km (28km/h) I haven't fully recovered 2 days later.

DangerDave I was just wondering where do you ride to get in so much mileage, esp. during the week, and do you ride mostly by yourself or in a group?

Hi guys how long and far do you normally ride in a week.

I try to do around 12hrs a week but don't think its nearly enough if I'm trying to race.
dude 12 hrs is fine! If you're a working man and get 12 hrs in thats more than enough! Just make sure it's the quality of training you do' date=' it's not always about the quantity...uhuh uhuh Big%20smile

Dead You don't have a job right? 30ish a week? 1000km's? Where do you work? I need a job there!

Jason2008-01-08 10:48:41

Jason the thing is I went to a trainer and he wants me to do far higher mileage than what I've been currently doing and I'm just outa matric so do have the time to do it.  Now I'm just interested in how other people are able to do it.

Confused!! If your 'trainer" is telling you to ride 30 hours a week  to compete locally in 100k races then its time to find a new "trainer".

101%2008-01-08 11:24:59

Hi guys how long and far do you normally ride in a week.

I try to do around 12hrs a week but don't think its nearly enough if I'm trying to race.
dude 12 hrs is fine! If you're a working man and get 12 hrs in thats more than enough! Just make sure it's the quality of training you do' date=' it's not always about the quantity...uhuh uhuh Big%20smile

Dead You don't have a job right? 30ish a week? 1000km's? Where do you work? I need a job there!

I worked all year mowing gardens, house sitting and selling my body,Wink, that way, when I get to mid November I normally have enough money to finance myself through my base training. I am still reduced to the odd begging session though, when, I am broke and need a new saddle(Big%20smile) or similar. Got to start varsity soon though, so, I will have to rethink my finacial stratergies for the year.Cry 

Jason the thing is I went to a trainer and he wants me to do far higher mileage than what I've been currently doing and I'm just outa matric so do have the time to do it.  Now I'm just interested in how other people are able to do it.
Who is your trainer? Robocop... I would seriously just focus on the quality of training you do. To ride 4 hours a day just because you can, can be turned in to a 60-90 minutes of quality, Intervals, Sprints, Hills etc etc. Can you manage 100-150km's easy? Jason2008-01-08 11:38:31

Confused!! If your 'trainer" is telling you to ride 30 hours a week  to compete locally in 100k races then its time to find a new "trainer".

100 Km races? Nah mate I am a MTB racer. Dirt all the wayBig%20smile. The 30 hour weeks are my pre-season base training, they last for +- 2 months. At most a normal mid year training week is about 1/2(ish) that. I am preping for the Mazda MTB marathon series.