SASCOC & CSA meeting

Thug

And Yes, it's time for another Mine Dump ride.

Tumbleweed, wherefore art thou...........

Mini-hijack:

Posted a thread: Dump ride…

To bring us back on topic, this ride will not be sanctioned by the CSA…

Oh, and I see my boet is having a wee bitch about the CSA meeting this morning (read from the bottom up):

KevinMcCallum

What was evident after the media was asked to leave the #Sascoc - @Cycling_SA meeting was that no one in the room objected. Thanks, guys.

KevinMcCallum

The @Cycling_SA president did approach me afterwards and offer an apology of sorts, but he should have stood by his agreement in public.

KevinMcCallum

It should have been the @Cycling_SA president who apologised as he lied when he told #Sascoc he had "not invited the media" to the meeting.

KevinMcCallum

#Sascoc had the decency to call and apologise yesterday after asking me to leave the @Cycling_SA meeting on Sat. They admitted a mix-up.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And this:

KevinMcCallum

@ @Cycling_SA The president was asked by #Sascoc if he had invited the media. He told Mubarak Mahomed "no", which was a lie.

How can you have a President that lies to both the media and to Sascoc ?

Oh wait, we are talking about CSA aren't we. :lol:

And this:

KevinMcCallum

@ @Cycling_SA The president was asked by #Sascoc if he had invited the media. He told Mubarak Mahomed "no", which was a lie.

Not to hi-jack the post, but I thought the media were allowed to report on relevant topics and if invited could not be asked to leave unless it was of a confidential and sensitive nature?. I cant see how a cycling body can have any possible secrets which the public would need protection from so could they have not just stayed - it might have been unpleasant I agree but if they are invited initially why could they not just stay.?

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Not to hi-jack the post, but I thought the media were allowed to report on relevant topics and if invited could not be asked to leave unless it was of a confidential and sensitive nature?. I cant see how a cycling body can have any possible secrets which the public would need protection from so could they have not just stayed - it might have been unpleasant I agree but if they are invited initially why could they not just stay.?

Yup. It doesn't give much credence to their claims that the accusations are "slanderous".

Here you go: saprocycling procycling.co.za

Check out the @Cycling_SA stand at the @momentum947 expo to see what they have planned to improve cycling in South Africa.

I believe Till will be on eNews in a bit.

I wasn't prepared to wait Till then, what happened, did he do quotes out of Hairy Putter ?

I wasn't prepared to wait Till then, what happened, did he do quotes out of Hairy Putter ?

Alas, I missed it, but I think he may have said something about us having a chance to score a medal at the bicycle quidditch world champs.

This from the CyclingSA website:

Cycling SA reiterates its stance that these are mischievous, unfounded rumours and dismiss them with the contempt they deserve. Rumours that our sport has been placed under administration by SASCOC are also totally unfounded, this again being the making of the mischievous.

Is it just me or does that sound more ANCYL/Julius Malema than a professional sporting body?

the big question is - did you have to google that spelling or not? careful now.....

I didn't, but now I have to make sure it was correct.

The voting issue remains the biggest stumbling block in any organization where votes per number of members are the deciding factor.

In running the biggest registered club in the world(2400 members in Central Gauteng) let alone SA has only 1 vote,same as the smallest club with 10 members.

The voting issue remains the biggest stumbling block in any organization where votes per number of members are the deciding factor.

In running the biggest registered club in the world(2400 members in Central Gauteng) let alone SA has only 1 vote,same as the smallest club with 10 members.

Democary, voting, rights, oh my oh my. I suppose that is why the UN needs reform as well.

Lest get some things sort out.

A club is an organisation that is formed by a number of like minded individuals. For it to be constituted it needs a constitution and a committee of at least three (Chair treasurer and secretary). The purpose of any club is to maximize benefits for its members. It does this by providing services for its members and developing some form of income stream.

A union or federation is created to regulate and co-ordinate the activities of clubs, to ensure that within a set geographic territory (normally a province) things are done in a standardised way and that clubs who claim to be cycling based implement UCI/CSA rules. Also the events calander is co-ordinated to ensure no clash of events and a provincial championship and cup type events are organised in the unions name for development purposes. As the union is built out of the clubs, the clubs have the say on the union (if it was an "individual" voting system then the union would only be just another Super club).

Now the diference between a union and a club is a union = regulatory body and club = execution body. CSA is the governance body.

What makes these distinctions very difficult for many people is that not many people actually ever get exposed to corporate governance or the regulatory/ management level in their lives. (Many remain very successful entrepineers in companies that don't justify middle and top management). When these people bring their can do attitude into the sport, instead of making their clubs successful they aim at the top. Here they destroy the regulatory and governance framework wherein clubs should work by their eager beaver make it happen behaviour (which works at the execution level only)

Sooner or later unions land up organising fun rides, tours ext, where this should be done by the clubs. Lucky GNC operates very well as a co-ordinating body between clubs and clubs are more than just the representitives of their riders but also major organisers of races and activities in the province.

Voting, shmoting, numbers, this way and that way, CSA are actually good guys and the list goes on.

Bottom line, I want value for my money, I have been ripped off for too many years now.

Enough of it, I say.