Member Pictures: You and/or Your Bike

Matt

My Trusty Racer, given to my by my father - bought when Ottery Hyper first opened. making it about 30 years old.

Replaced the Bottom Bracket/crank and hoods. Still contemplating upgrading to some 700c's.

12 speed now 18 speed  with triple blade crank. Lost about 3 kilo's off the bike two with new Crankset :)

Hoping for 3:30 in Argus on it.

post-71956-0-90691300-1423741373.jpg

Did you do the 108km 99er on this bike? Saw one just like this on route and was so supprised as i had one of these invader bikes as a kid. Rode it till the hubs cracked and broke. 

See the crank's upgraded,i use to go through quoter pins on a monthly basis.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you do the 108km 99er on this bike? Saw one just like this on route and was so supprised as i had one of these invader bikes as a kid. Rode it till the hubs cracked and broke. 

See the crank's upgraded,i use to go through quoter pins on a monthly basis.

Yeah I did so it most probably was me :) managed 3:45 on it, Replaced Bottom Bracket and Crank, original crank worn uneven after 30 years or so, not too bad. Its as old as me but I love riding it, just find it really comfy, and the knowledge of working really hard to get similar time than that of guys on superlight bikes is really rewarding and the look on people faces as I pass them an use my super retro friction shifters is classic.

Good luck!

Thanks, probably going to need it, will be quite a push.

post-53410-0-85451200-1420884688.png

thats seriously pretty. what is it?

Its a Battaglin with Campy components.  Before a race I take it of the wall for a long training ride and climbs, cause the ratio's are 53/42 chain ring with a 7 speed 21/12 cassette. 

Love it! :drool:

Thanx

Since the pic, I fitted a Velocite carbon seat post, handle, Velocite bottle cages (13g each) and a set of Velocite tubbies (1247g for the set).  Bike weighs in at 7.04kg as it stands now.

My MTB, I just completed service and she is ready for CTCT MTB Race. Knobblies Fitted, Mudgaurds Fitted, Shocks and front rim new, previous were damaged when car used me as a speed bump and drove off!

post-71956-0-13876700-1424721675_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

just at work chilling with my ride cruising the classifieds, just hanging out and shooting the breeze

post-5403-0-38347400-1430990560_thumb.jpg

just at work chilling with my ride cruising the classifieds, just hanging out and shooting the breeze

I see that is you look.  :thumbup:

Archived