Energy Drinks for Kids

JJDT

Enduren rocks. I know the guy who developed it and he did his homework. Very particular about it being natural and high quality.

That said, I would not give it to my kid for all the reasons in the video I posted above. Give your son bananas and water - that's what I learned to race on.

Oom Barry haha... Verry nice and his brother aswell, Oom Koos. Oom Koos's son Bert is 16 and has been using that stuff for a long time.

Great product!

Enduren rocks. I know the guy who developed it and he did his homework. Very particular about it being natural and high quality.

That said, I would not give it to my kid for all the reasons in the video I posted above. Give your son bananas and water - that's what I learned to race on.

It's one thing to have a product that you use only on race day - and another thing entirely to try something for the first time on raceday.

Generally the thing is that you are taking a huge risk - you just never know what could happen...

I definitely dont agree with you, not sure how old u r but using a sugar products since u were 11 does not mean that it has not impacted u negatively, sometimes these things come later in life.

Also using a new product on race day is out of the question, totally disagree, u never know how a product will impact u on race day, it can affect your digestive system, meaning taste, stomach irritability, nausea if u r not used to the kind of release it has, and anyone that uses a new product on race day is certainly not a serious athlete, because nutrition should be planned before and stuck to, its very important. What you use in training for a race use in the race. As for using energy drinks for training with, there is where I disagree as well, one should not abuse energy drinks for training, the only time I ever use an energy drink is for sessions over 2hours, otherwise water is always best :-).

all the best

M

I use a different energy drink for racing than I do for training. I use Cytomax for racing as I know it works well for me and comes in easy sachets and then I'm using 32GI before a race as a loading drink and also on long training rides. Worked really well for K2C. I finished strong.

I do however agree that using an un-tried energy drink on race day is not a good idea.

Have to agree with Tiny K - at 13 this would prob be the best bet.

Just be careful - mate of mine gets stomach cramps form 31GI.

Let him test it out before the big day!

Ah, well I would also get stomach cramps from a rip off called 31Gi :P ;)

My 13 year old son is riding with me the 94.7. Most of the products are suitable for adults only. He is drinking Game currently but will it be suitable for such a long endurance event to keep the energy levels in tact?

Powerade or Energade as an alternative?

Thanks

Fanta Grape should do the trick. Just make sure he eats like a 13 year old the night before. :D

Change his drink, but make sure you record it on camera when the stomache cramps wreck his race. Suppose the boy's got to learn at some stage that you dont change anything before a big race.