Pinarello retailers

Bianchisti

So it WAS about the bike?

It has ALWAYS been about the bike! People will think you are daft if you get on the podium and start thanking your bike :D Although that is exactly what they are all doing secretly ;)

For us non-podium finishers it is Only about the bike!

The first step is admittance:

"Hi, my name is Henk and I am addicted to bicycles"

I think you misunderstood... it is a little bit about the bike, but in Cav's view and mine the bike is not a pinarello tongue.gif

Out of interest guys, Cavendish is riding for Sky next year and riding a Pinarello Dogma2...a lot of nonsense was spread in the media about this but according to our info it is all done.

Where do people get money to buy a R50 000 bike,if you save every month a R1000 it will take you 50 months,will a bike last 50 months :unsure:

Where do people get money to buy a R50 000 bike,if you save every month a R1000 it will take you 50 months,will a bike last 50 months :unsure:

People make lots of money!

People make lots of money!

Or you can save up R2000 a month and then it will last you for 25 months :clap:

Okay so the verdict is the new Cervelo is supposedly faster that the bike thats supposed to make me faster but thats okay because the wife dont know that. Neither does she know that the fastest man in the world hates the bike that "WILL" make me faster instead opting for a clone between a proven very fast bike and the one that WONT make me faster. Neither does she know the considerable weight reduction in the wallet will not equate to faster me, and thats not because I dont carry a wallet on raceday anyway. Does that make sense? Because I'm confused.

The guys at DIM suggested I use a size 55. The guys at ASG thinks I'm borderline size 53/54. The guys at ASG source their advice from racers who prefer the smaller/more rigid frames because it gives more control, but we agreed I should go up to the size 54(with 55cm Top Tube) but stay away from the size 55(with 55.7cm TT) altogether. The way I calculated it I thought I would be a size 55 as DIM suggested. Thats because the initial argument the prosecution presented to the jury was "I need a bigger frame because I'm not comfortable on standing climbs".

I agree the Dogma's are nice to haves and overkill for what I want to do, so I've set my ceiling on the Quattro. Nice decals, colours and detailing so its at least nice to look at when I'm not on it. To suite my wallet it has to be frame and forks only and I have to re-use my DA 78 series components. That sets me back 19k so at 1k a month it should last me a year and a half. :P

Measured on the TT the Quattro will be 1cm longer than my Giant. My question is, will the 55cm TT Quattro (size 54) with a 90/100mm stem feel all that different to a 54cm TT Giant with a 120mm stem and is the difference worth 19k for someone who rides a 3:42 94.7 or is the discomfort problem maybe to do with my fitness and nothing with the bike?

I dont think the advice I recieved was particularly wrong from anyone but its difficult to decide if I cant sit on these things and work out what will suit me. The pro's only have to sit on their small frames for 2:10 during the 94.7 so they can afford to relinquish comfort for control. I have to sit on it for 3 hours + so I prefer a bit more comfort over control. If its yes to the Pina its gotta be yes to a snug fit and there's considerable benefits in climbing comfort. And because it looks nice, because every man likes beautifull things. What say your excellencies frequenting Zeee Haab?

Train harder and race more then you'll need a better frame.Just think next year there will be a new frame nicer :clap:

Okay so the verdict is the new Cervelo is supposedly faster that the bike thats supposed to make me faster

The Cervelo does not have the curvacious styling that only this Italian Stallion has to offer!

Measured on the TT the Quattro will be 1cm longer than my Giant. My question is, will the 55cm TT Quattro (size 54) with a 90/100mm stem feel all that different to a 54cm TT Giant with a 120mm stem and is the difference worth 19k for someone who rides a 3:42 94.7 or is the discomfort problem maybe to do with my fitness and nothing with the bike?

Pinarello Quattro - Check

55cm Top Tube - Check

Awesome & Comfortable ride - Check

Worth it - Check

Delivery to your front door - Check

Looking like you just won the 94.7 or any race for that matter - Check :thumbup:

post-4352-0-32526900-1322628245.jpg

What say your excellencies frequenting Zeee Haab?

I say, what are you waiting for and why have you not PM'd me yet?